- Some famous Irish people include Colin Farrell and Bono.
- Ireland's weather is mild and rarely reaches extreme temperatures. The average temperature is around 50˚-60˚.
- 90% of Irish people are Catholic.
- Dublin is the capital of Ireland.
- As of April 2016, Dublin is the most populated city in Ireland with a population of around 555,000 people.
- The River Liffey runs through Dublin.
- Vikings invaded Dublin around 837 AD.
- Dublin translates to "Black Pool" in Old Irish Gaelic.
UNITED KINGDOM DESCRIPTION
- The UK traditionally has warm summers and cooler winters.
- England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland make up the sovereign country.
- The UK has recently left the European Union; this is widely known as the Brexit.
- The Brexit has had consequences on the UK's economy; the economy has dipped from the fifth highest in the world to around the ninth.
- The UK is home to many languages, English being the most widely spoken.
- Liverpool is home to Liverpool F.C., a soccer club.
- Liverpool is also home to The Beatles.
- The first passenger railway line was built from Liverpool to Manchester in 1830.
- Soon after the railway was built, a member of Parliament died from an accident, becoming the first railway accident.
- Internationally, Liverpool is the 5th most visited city.
- London is the capitol of England and the UK.
- London has many famous attractions, including Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, Big Ben, and Abbey Road.
- In 60 AD, London was burnt to the ground when a tribe fought against against the rule of the Roman Empire.
- London was the target of some of Germany's attacks during WWII; this time period is called the London Blitz.
- London is full of culture and is considered by some to be the culture capitol city of the world.
- France's population contains 66-67 million people.
- in 58-50 BC, Julius Caesar defeated the previous inhabitants of France and France remained under the Roman Empire until 476 AD.
- French is the second major language in Europe and a romance language.
- France's economy is the fifth largest in the world.
- The island of Corsica belongs to France.
- Gustave Eiffel designed the Eiffel Tower located in Paris and the Statue of Liberty.
- Paris is the capital of and most populated city in France.
- Approximately 2.2 million people live in Paris.
- The world's largest museum, the Louvre, is located in France. It houses the Mona Lisa among many other famous pieces of art.
- Belgium is host to 11 million inhabitants.
- They have 3 official languages: Dutch, French, and German.
- Belgium has a highway system that can be seen from the Moon.
- Belgium has a Temperate Maritime climate, indicating cool summers and moderate winters.
- Belgium is known for high quality goods, especially beer and chocolate.
- Brussels is the capital of Belgium.
- It is located in the center of Belgium.
- The Brussels highway system covers over 276 miles in total.
- About 1 million people live in Brussels.
- Most people speak French in Brussels.
- The Netherlands has the highest population density of any European country.
- The government has legalized many drugs, such as shrooms and marijuana.
- Most Dutch people can speak more than one language.
- The Netherlands was the first country to legalize same sex marriage, in 2001.
- Amsterdam has a population of 800,000, but recieves over 3.5 million visitors a year.
- The city is known for being extremely well planned, despite being a mix of 17th century buildings and modern architecture.
- Amsterdam has a winding system of canals, and travel by water is popular for sightseers.
- Amsterdam has over a million bicycles, despite only having 800,000 people