Dreamings are stories that pass on important knowledge, cultural values and belief systems to later generations. Through song, dance, painting and storytelling which express the dreaming stories, Aborigines have maintained a link with the Dreaming from ancient times to today, creating a rich cultural heritage.
100 YEARS OF ANZAC
Education and community awareness for the Anzac Centenary, commemorating more than a century of service by Australian servicemen and women
Anzac Day on 25 April each year. The article looks at the origin of Anzac Day services, the spirit of Anzac and the Anzac legend. Links to relevant online resources are provided.
Australia Day, January 26, is the biggest day of celebration in the country and is observed as a public holiday in all states and territories. People come together as a nation to celebrate what's great about Australia and being Australian.
Melbourne Cup Day is Australia's most famous Tuesday. It's a day when the nation stops whatever it's doing to listen to the race call. At 3.10pm AEST, on the first Tuesday in November, Australians everywhere stop for the Melbourne Cup.
- 113,595 marriages registered in 2015
- 48,517 divorces granted in 2015
- 81.1% of brides had not been married before
- 79.1% grooma had not been married before
- the number of marriages had decreased by 7,602 since 2015
- men 45 years old was the average age for divorce in 2015
- the average age for women to get divorced was 42 in 2015
- over the last 20 years the number of divirces has been increasing