WHAT WE DO
Whether you’re optimizing a few thousand square feet, or a few million, translating your vision into a real plan takes time and a lot of skill. Our in-house facility design experts can help you get it done.
Whether you’ve sketched your idea on the back of a napkin, or already have a good idea of what you want your new warehouse space to include, the in-house facility team at Storage Solutions is available to assist you however you need them. For some of our customers, especially those managers who are tasked with several duties within their organization, that means building the floor plans from scratch and delivering efficient designs from the ground up.
You know that every build out has potential to bring real efficiencies to your distribution center, and savvy design can help drive increased profits. Every opportunity to arrange space that will ultimately save time in your operation is welcome, but outside consultants can be expensive. Fortunately, Storage Solutions’ integrated supply and service can help. Our experts can review your plans and help uncover opportunities for improvement. We’ve reviewed hundreds of millions of square feet and our experience helps our customers fine tune their space for maximum efficiency.
CASE STUDY #1
Before Utilization Assessment
- Production capacity had increased requiring the warehouse to hold more product than previously.
- Addition of seasonally based SKUs created the need for additional storage capacity for the “pre-build” prior to the season.
- Third party cooler space was not available locally and too costly to utilize long distance cooler space which was in short supply.
- Shipping product to a third party and receiving it back was not feasible due to a lack of shipping/receiving dock doors.
- The current pallet rack was over 30 years old with inherent safety issues.
- The current pallet rack system was underutilized due to significant damage issues and lost locations.
- The new pallet rack system had to be installed during ongoing operations of the facility while maintaining a food grade cleanliness.
- During the summer installation the facility temperature could not go below minimum temperature standards or the entire inventory was at risk