The Adobe Certified Expert - Analytics Business Practitioner exam guide provides potential candidates with information they need to prepare for the certification exam.
Adobe certification exams are developed with the participation of subject matter experts worldwide, following industry standards in developing fair and valid tests. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Are you an Adobe partner?
An official Adobe Certified Professional, Expert or Master designation acknowledges your established expertise to help current and future business clients succeed!
Partners receive a 33% discount on all certification exam pricing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your discount(s).
Where to start? Check out the Partner Learner Journey from the Adobe Solution Partner Program today.
Exam Guide Sections:
- Intended audience
- Exam information
- Minimum candidate experience
- Exam objectives and scope
- Online sample test
- Preparing for the exam
- Digital marketers
- Business analysts
- Business consultants
- Data analysts
- Web analysts
- Digital analysts
- Media / marketing analysts
- Product owners and managers
- UI analysts
- Conversion / optimization specialists
- Exam number: AD5-E802
- Exam name: Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Renewal
- Certificate level: Certified Expert
- Status: Active
- Available languages: English
- Number of questions: 40
- Formats: Multiple choice and multiple select
- Duration: 80 minutes
- Delivery: Online proctored (requires camera access)
- Passing mark: 27/40
- Price: $125 USD / $95 USD (India)
Minimum Candidate Experience
At a minimum, the candidate seeking to become certified has:
- Has 2 years’ experience in digital analytics, typically has a marketing background or comes from a marketing role but can come from a variety of job roles, possesses and in-depth understanding of digital analytics metrics and dimensions, understands the business value of web technologies, can translate business requirements into metrics or KPIs, build and interpret reports, communicate results and can propose a course of action based on analysis of reports
- Helps clients understand how to extract/pull the information they want, and which are contextually relevant (e.g. help them define their business questions)
- Understands how the technology works and understands a client’s implementation (e.g. where the data sits, how it can be collected, how it is tracked) from a functional standpoint
- Has at least one year of Adobe Analytics hands-on experience
- Has a basic understanding of how digital analytics is filtering/structuring data
- Has an awareness of the integration of Adobe Analytics with other Adobe solutions
Familiarity with the following technologies and environments:
- Internet browser
- Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Packet monitor
- FTP client
- Adobe Analytics Workspace
- Debugging tools relevant to Adobe Analytics (Adobe Debugger, Omnibug, Observepoint, Charles)
- Admin console (Report console and Experience Cloud console)
- Adobe Experience Platform Launch (high level)
- Single Page Applications
- Mobile services
- Adobe Experience Cloud (understand product profiles and user groups)
- Adobe Help Center
Exam Objectives and Scope
Section 1: Business Analysis (25%)
- Given a business need/question, identify the most appropriate reporting strategy to perform an analysis
- Analyze data to answer business questions and recommend new optimization hypotheses
- Identify conversion funnels
- Interpret Solution Design Reference (SDR) to determine what data is available in reports
- Analyze report data to summarize and draw conclusions
- Understand outliers and anomalies in reports
Section 2: Reporting and Dashboarding for Projects (25%)
- Apply the process to configure projects using the most appropriate tool(s)
- Compare fallout and flow visualization and appropriate variable types for reporting
- Apply the process to schedule Projects, Report Builder and Data Warehouse
- Apply the process to share Projects and Reporting and Analytics dashboards for different users and/or groups
- Apply the process to set Alerts
- Apply the process to lookup the dimensions/components
- Apply the process to create a visualization
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate item to use
Section 3: Segmentation and Calculated Metrics (20%)
- Determine how to develop and configure segments
- Apply the process to share segments with others in the organization
- Compare segments
- Apply segments to Projects and Components
- Apply the process to generate calculated and/or segmented metrics
- Determine Metric Types
Section 4: General Tool Knowledge and Troubleshooting (15%)
- Analyze reports and identify data quality issues
- Define different types of dimensions and parameters existing in Adobe Analytics
- Determine how to bring data in and out of Adobe Analytics
- Apply the process to configure Report Builder
Section 5: Administration (15%)
- Apply the process to configure the Marketing Channel reports with Marketing Channel processing rules
- Apply the process to configure Classification Importer and Rule Builder
- Identify information from marketing URLs
- Apply the process to configure a virtual report suite based upon an existing segment
- Understand Report Suite Admin Console Settings
Online Sample Test
The sample test allows you to see the type and format of questions that you will encounter in the actual exam. There is no sign on needed. The results of the sample test are not stored, and do not predict your actual test results.
AD0-E202 Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Sample Test
- Mark your answer in each question.
- Use the link “Send Comments for this Question” to provide specific feedback.
- Click Next on the upper portion of the screen to save your answer and move to the next question. You may return and revise your question within the specified time.
- On the last question, click Submit Exam to submit all your answers.
- Complete the short survey. Click Submit.
- Click “Take Me to My Results” to view your sample test result details.
Preparing for the Exam
You are not required to complete training before taking the exam, and training alone will not provide you with the knowledge and skills required to pass the exam. A combination of training and successful, on-the-job experience are critical to providing you with the repository needed to pass the exam.
Questions and Inquiries?
Please contact the Adobe Credential Program Customer Support team.
The content of this exam guide is subject to changes and updates. Last update January 2020