Branded Mobile App
- Research shows a correlation between branded mobile apps and customer satisfaction, which links to purchase intention.
- Hershey's competition is already utilizing apps.
- Smartphone use and apps have become more popular over the last decade.
- People are more dependent on technology than ever before. Online shopping is becoming preferable over shopping in-store.
- Millennials are spending more now than past generations.
Kotter's Change Model
- Losing sales from a large demographic (millennials) due to lack of technology presence
- Board of directors needs to communicate with the technology innovation team
- Introduce The Hershey Company branded mobile app
- Find companies that are willing to advertise on the app
- Release app to employees of Hershey's first to detect bugs and other issues before public release
- Monitor sales and collect other data after the release of the branded mobile app within the first year
- Create a reward points system and offer free shipping along with other incentives to VIPs
- Continuing to update technology to be relevant to future generations