- Queen Elizabeth was born 7 September 1533 at Greenwich Palace.
- The child of King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn.
- The Childhood of Queen Elizabeth I was a difficult one.
- Her much awaited birth was a huge disappointed to King Henry who longed for a male heir.
- It was a major accomplishment that she ever survived to become Queen of England.
- Her reign witnessed widespread increase in literacy and great achievements in the arts
- The reign of Queen Elizabeth I also saw significant expansion overseas.
- She survived various Catholic plots and conspiracies.
- Queen Elizabeth established the Poor Laws.
- She established Protestantism as the country's religion.
-Queen Elizabeth adopted a moderate religious policy.
- The new scientific thinking of the renaissance was encouraged
Alchin, Linda. "Queen Elizabeth I." <http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/queen-elizabeth-i.htm> April 10, 2017