You don't really need to do something big And major in order to take part. A small contribution goes a long way, especially if done everyday.
Here are (daily) little ways you can help out:
1. Stop using straws.
2. And don't drink from one-use plastic cups.
3. Don't use tissues, unless you really need to.
4. Buy your groceries on a Saturday (Paper Bag Day).
It takes a few minutes to use a plastic bag, but once discarded it takes up to 1,000 years for the bag to degrade, filling up garbage dumpsites, unlike paper or a bayong made of leaves which decomposes.
-- Doris & Jose
5. Even better: bring your own bag when buying groceries, any day of the week.
6. Also, bring your own water bottle so you don't need to buy those P10 (or P12) 350-ml plastic bottled water. There are many "hug-hug" refilling stations around, and you'll only need P2 for 500-ml. Win-win!
7. Throw your trashes properly (yes, that means not on the roadside or your ex's mouth).
8. Walk if your destination is near (bonus: you can save money, plus get a little bit of exercise. Yay! Just bring an umbrella if it's too hot outside.)
9. If you have a bicycle, use it (I'm jealous).
10. Use public transportation if you're going somewhere far.