The Grand Strategy
General Motors expands Maven car-sharing services from the current 16 cities to 40 cities nationwide. After 4 years, the company can expand to 120 cities nationwide and internationally to China.
Why the Car-Sharing Market?
- The Car-Sharing market has grown 25.9% from 2011-2016
- Car sales have hit a plateau in the U.S. market
- The millennial generation shows less desire for personal car ownership
The Future of the Market
- Industry projected to grow at an annualized rate of 9.2% over the next five years to 2021
- Industry revenue projected to be 1.6 billion by 2021
- Profit margins continue to rise as entry costs decline
The Next Big Step for General Motors
- Market Development of Maven
- Cities chosen for high potential
- Setting up strong platform for fully autonomous vehicles