Watch Video on Python Programming Careers
CIS-290 Python Programming
Python is used across diverse fields from web and game development to machine learning, AI, scientific computing, network programming and academic research. It is easy to learn as a first language and a valuable skill-set to have in any programmers stack because of its diverse usage.
Job Outlook: Python Developer
- Medium Pay$70,661
- Entry Level Education Bachelor's degree
- Number of Jobs 2018 109,00 (LinkedIn)
- Job Outlook 2018-2028 24% faster than national average
What Python Developers Do
A primary focus for Python developers is creating, testing, implementing, and maintaining standard or customized applications, such as high-availability and low-latency, designed to meet business goals. Other job duties can include examining code to remedy issues and maximizing applications' effectiveness, collaborating with quality assurance personnel to test code, and serving as a resource for application software personnel.
Python developers typically do the following:
- Excellent technical abilities are the most essential asset for a Python developer
- Relevant technical knowledge and skills include HTML, SQL, Java, CSS, and .NET.
- Python developers should have strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively collaborate with team members.
- They will also need strong communication skills in order to write concise project reports.
- Python developers should also be flexible and able to take on responsibilities outside of their job description, especially on smaller teams.
Python developers may handle the incorporation of third party logistics companies, merchant tools, or payment applications. They may also meet with organizational stakeholders to better understand the overall business strategy and needs. Python developers can perform root cause analysis to determine the effectiveness of applications. They can also utilize SQL queries in Python applications to produce reports, manage an organization's internal .NET, and integrate information storage applications like key-value stores or databases.
The Computer Information Systems Department's Data Assurance & IT Security A.A.S. degree has met very stringent guidelines and been designated as a “National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education”.
Computer network technicians build and maintain computer networks used by business, education, government, and health-care institutions. Networks linking desktop computers allow users to send electronic mail (e-mail) and to share data, computer applications, and Internet connections. As more institutions establish computer networks, the demand for skilled computer network technicians will grow.
Starting Spring 2019 current and future RVC students can begin the exciting journey of becoming an mobile application developer...COMPLETELY ONLINE!
Created with images by Charles 🇵🇭 - "untitled image" • Dlanor S - "Code" • Christina @ wocintechchat.com - "untitled image"