- The advancement is being able to replicate a single strand of DNA
- This works by heating the DNA so it separates into two pieces of single stranded DNA. Next an enzyme synthesizes two new strands of the DNA using the original strand as a template.
- This is important because it helps to analyze genetic disease mutations, also it can analyze DNA from ancient sources, and helps with early detection for several forms of cancer
- Some of the issues that could occur from PCR are the sequence of bases could be wrong, the DNA could be the wrong size, and it could not create any new DNA.
- This new technology has allowed forensic scientist to find the origin of a blood sample, and has allowed scientist to understand new diseases
- Some of the ethical issues are that the DNA is being created by science not by your body naturally. This can cause people to question this process that could save lives with new ways to cure diseases.