Sports Physicals are due for fall sports by August 8th. Student athletes must have a physical turned in to the athletic director in order to try-out or practice for fall sports. All sports physicals must be dated on or after April 15th, 2018. Any sports physicals dated before April 15th, 2018 are not valid for next year.
Summer workouts have already started for all Early College fall sports. If you are interested in participating in fall sports please reach out to the following coaches for more information:
- Heather Hillman- Girls Volleyball- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Zavala- Boys Soccer- email@example.com
- Andrea Ortell- Girls Cross Country- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serafin Llerena- Boys Cross Country- email@example.com
Jackson Preparatory and Early College is in desperate need of athletic coaches. If we can't fill these positions we might have no choice but to cancel these teams this year. If you know anyone that might be interested, please have them reach out to Mr. Llerena by email or cell (517-888-4137). The following positions are available:
- - College Prep Soccer Coach
- - College Prep Volleyball Coach
- - Early College JV Volleyball Coach
- - Early College Varsity Sideline Cheer
College Preparatory Student of the week
"It is my pleasure to announce Lauryn Comstock as the CP Student of the Week! Lauryn brings such warmth and joy to the classroom every day. Lauryn loves to volunteer to help, and she shows kindness to her classmates. One of the qualities that I admire most about Lauryn is her perseverance in class. We have been studying some really difficult concepts, and at times, she has struggled; however, she did not give up. Lauryn keeps trying and asks for help when needed. At JPEC, we believe in keeping a growth mindset, and Lauryn demonstrates to me all the time that she has embraced the concept of growth mindset. Lauryn truly embodies the qualities that we expect of our Falcons, and I am proud to bestow this honor on her. Continue to soar high, Lauryn!" - Miss Donna Lloyd.
Announcements & Reminders
3:30pm Release Time and Intervention Opportunity Beginning Tomorrow, Monday, June 11!
- Students will be dismissed at 3:30pm, and our faculty will be holding core academic interventions from 3:35-4:25pm for those students who need/want additional support.
- Each week, teachers will communicate both to students and parents if they are recommended to attend intervention.
- This will provide students consistent core academic intervention, and additional time to enjoy during our summer months.
- Even if students are not recommended for intervention, if parents would prefer their students stay for the intervention, or are unable to arrange transportation at 3:30pm, there will be a study hall space available that is overseen by faculty and staff until 4:25pm.
Intervention Fridays Begin This Friday, June 15
- Starting June 15, College Prep will be holding half-day Intervention every Friday from 9am-12:20pm for the remainder of the term.
- During this time, students will be able to work with their teachers to improve their academic skills and content knowledge.
- Each week, teachers will communicate both to students and parents if they are recommended to attend Intervention Fridays.
- Even if students are not recommended for intervention, if they would like to attend to work on assignments they are welcome to do so.
- We saw tremendous growth and success from our students who attended Intervention Friday’s when they were recommended to do so, and we hope to see the same trend continue this year!
Field Day on Thursday, June 14th
College Prep 1st year STEM Camp
Please make sure to take a moment and sign your student up if you have not! We will be following up with families this week to ensure that all of our students have this opportunity!
- We are providing our first year College Prep students (6th grade) with a free STEM camp through a partnership with JAMA and Shop Rats: I Can Make It Camp
- The camp is the 2nd week of July 9-13, and we are expecting all of our 6th grade students to attend this great opportunity!
- If you have not registered your student, please do so as soon as possible!
- If you need support in registering your student please let our office know!
early college Student of the week
"Jordyn Dupius epitomizes what success looks like at JPEC! She is one of our youngest students to ever receive an Associate's Degree, and while fully dual enrolled, she has continued to keep her connection to the school through athletics and student government. Jordyn took a leading role in organizing the prom, and much of its success can be laid at her doorstep. I am honored to be able to name her my student of the week." - Mr. Marowelli
Saturday night, 90 students and guests took part in JPEC's 2018 prom, at Cascade's Manor House. After a lovely dinner, guests took to the dance floor and Andrea Benn and James Webb were named prom queen and king, respectively!