What is more efficient, wind or solar energy?
Pros+Cons of solar energy
- In one second, the sun releases enough energy to meet the current needs to power the whole world for 500,000 years.
- People that buy solar panels can get paid by power companies because they can make so much energy.
- Solar energy is one of the most widely used renewable sources of energy.
- Many people want to use solar power as a source of temporary energy.
- Many solar panels are maintenance-free.
- Solar panel can help reduce energy bills.
- Solar energy has many uses.
- Solar energy is predictable.
- Solar panels are expensive to install.
- Solar energy can only be collected when the sun is out.
Pros+Cons of wind energy
- Wind energy has many uses, and there are many ways to capture it.
- Wind energy creates no pollution.
- Operational costs for wind turbines are low after they are built.
- Wind power doesn't require any water.
- Wind energy is abundant in the US. In fact, the US has one of the best wind energy resources in the world.
- Wind power can help keep electric rates low.
- Wind turbines cost a lot to install.
- Wind turbines might have a negative impact on the environment in the sense that it can harm wildlife.
Answer the Essential Question
"40 Facts About Solar Energy - Conserve Energy Future." ConserveEnergyFuture. N.p., 13 Dec. 2013. Web. 6 June 2016. <http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/various-solar-energy-facts.php>.
"35 Facts About Wind Energy - Conserve Energy Future." ConserveEnergyFuture. N.p., 24 Dec. 2013. Web. 6 June 2016. <http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/various-wind-energy-facts.php>.
"Wind and Solar: Why Renewable Energy?" Wind and Solar Energy. Clean Line Energy, n.d. Web. 6 June 2016. <http://www.cleanlineenergy.com/technology/wind-and-solar>.