Quick Guide to Developing Customer Personas
3 Secrets to Getting Inside Your Customer's Head
Personas are a factionalized, idealized customer that we develop through research.
Personas can be developed through
- Surveys of our existing audience
- Analyzing website analytics
- Performing in-depth interviews with key customers
- Finding additional research participants through online review sites, bloggers, and social media networks
Using neuroscience to direct your marketing helps you get more customers
- Data gleaned from science makes it possible to build your content around what the customer wants to hear, and turn the writer into a storyteller.
- Diamler-Chrysler did a study showing that sportier cars activate the same part of the brain as drugs and alcohol as an example of what motivates customers.
- Don't call customer success stories testimonials, call them real-life success stories