The Colorado Springs hospital stretches over 294,000 square feet and includes five floors.
Expert Care Closer to Home
- Nearly 200,000 children and teens live in southern Colorado, and the need for expert pediatric care in the area continues to grow.
For Those Who Need Us
- We stand ready to meet that need, ensuring that all kids get the care they need.
Colorado Springs Celebrated One Year of Caring for Kids in May 2020
Military Families Are a Part of Our Family
Caring for military families and their children is part of our sacred mission, and this new hospital helps to strengthen that commitment.
With five military installations located in the Pikes Peak region, military families make up nearly one-third of our patient population at Children’s Colorado, Colorado Springs.
Children’s Colorado serves more military dependents than any other children’s hospital system in the world.
Serving Those Who Serve
- In 2017, Colorado Springs was designated as an “Exceptional Families Member Program” hub.
- This means that military families who have a child with documented medical needs will be preferentially stationed in Colorado.
- The military is preferentially stationing and retaining more and more such families in Colorado because of the quality of care we provide. We are deeply honored to welcome them.
The Ball Machine – ‘Perpetual Motion’
Donated by the Devolve Family and designed by Matthew Gaulden, ‘Perpetual Motion’ was built in celebration of Noah Devolve’s successful treatment for a congenital heart defect at Children’s Colorado.
A Heartfelt Donation
- The Devolve Family had a personal connection to the original ball machine on the Anschutz Medical Campus hospital.
- As their son spent many days in the hospital, the Devolves found solace in the ball machine.
- After their son was successfully treated at the Anschutz Medical Campus, the Devolves wanted to provide local families with their own ball machine, so they donated funds for a kinetic sculpture for Children's Hospital Colorado, Colorado Springs.
A Connection of Hope
- Created as a connection between the Anschutz Medical Campus and the Colorado Springs Campus, the machine was built to provide joy, distraction, and hope to patients, families and team members.
Just for Kids
- 33 emergency exam rooms and 6 emergency behavioral health rooms – built just for kids.
- The 6 emergency behavioral health rooms were the first in Colorado. They have natural lighting to help kids heal.
Here, When You Need Us
- Emergency facilities are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For Whatever May Arise
- Commonly treated emergency conditions in kids include severe asthma, concussions, severe stomach pain, seizures that won’t stop, severe cuts or skin injury with excessive bleeding and fevers in infants under 8 weeks old.
Mary K. Chapman Department of Radiology
- 100% of our CTs, MRIs and X-rays use pediatric-specific techniques
- 200,000+ pediatric radiology studies performed each year
Experts Just for Kids
- 25 pediatric radiology trained specialists
Kids Are More Sensitive to Radiation
- 45+ years of service to Colorado kids, and we are excited to have a landing spot in Colorado Springs now.
- 100+ Children’s One flight emergency responders
- 24/7 response
The Right Equipment for the Job
- The Children’s One emergency fleet includes: an Airbus H-130 helicopter, a Pilatus PC-12 fixed-wing plane and two dual-load ambulances.
- One Children’s One ambulance is based out of the hospital in Colorado Springs.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Neonatal Care in Your Backyard
- Our NICU offers expertise, compassion and support to help ensure babies and families have the best possible outcomes.
- We have 3 rooms for multiple births in our NICU – two for twins and one for triplets.
- The Colorado Springs hospital is attached to UCHealth Memorial North’s Labor/Delivery wing and NICU patients can be quickly transferred to Children’s Colorado via a walk bridge.
Sleep Study Lab
Sleeping Problems Stem from a Range of Causes
- 20% of all children suffer from some type of sleeping problem.
The Most Informative Sleepover
- Sleep studies are performed overnight in our sleep lab.
- The Colorado Springs hosptial has 5 sleep study rooms.
- Now, kids don’t have to travel to Denver to help them get a better night’s sleep.
A Better Night’s Sleep
- We have three sleep study rooms and dedicated space for epilepsy monitoring and electroencephalography (EEG) testing.
Healing Through Play
- Children’s Colorado, Colorado Springs has three play areas, a Creative Play Center for siblings and an outdoor playground for patients and their families.
Safe and Fun for All
- All play areas offer a safe environment where children can engage in age-appropriate play, socialization and self-expression.
- Children’s Hospital Colorado is holding more than 6,000 telehealth appointments per week amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We offer telehealth services in 39 specialties across 164 clinics and care settings.
- Children's Colorado was the first in the state to collect convalescent plasma as a potential treatment for COVID-19.