For the project, I built a responsive LMS website called learnallyoucan.org with WordPress, using the Lifter LMS plugin and other plugins to provide a modern feature-rich and engaging online learning experience for students. Among other possibilities, students can be engaged in a blended learning experience using this platform. The general features of the site include some of the following:
- course management/creation
- engagements/milestone achievement rewards/support-badges in a gamification based learning experience, certificates, automated emails etc.
- Groups-teachers can create various groups for specific interests on the platform
- Social media integration (members of site can friend/unfriend each other)
- Forums etc.
- Student analytics etc.
- Quizzes (self-graded if needed etc)
- Video embed and other multi-media are possible for the site and infographic creation
- Blogs/announcement posts
As part of the Beta testing phase of the project, I worked with Dominic Cascarelli, a colleague teacher and Ed-Tech graduate to develop a course (professional writing course) to test with various students. I also worked with Noelle Smallish (a Michigan certified teacher currently teaching a middle school in Costa Rica) and Daniel Amankwa (also a teacher in a tertiary institution in Ghana) to test out the LMS. In all, 28 users registered for the site and several went through the professional writing course developed by Dominic Cascarelli.