BEST 5 SMOOTHIES RECIPES
1.Banana Ginger Smoothie
Soothe digestion, heartburn, nausea, and other stomach trouble with the fresh ginger in this natural remedy smoothie recipe.
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¾ c (6 oz) vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- Combine the banana, yogurt, honey, and ginger.
- 2.Blend until smooth.
NUTRITION (per serving):157 cals, 1 g fat, 0.8 g sat fat, 57 mg sodium, 34 g carbs, 28 g sugars, 1.5 g fiber, 5 g protein
2.Orange Dream Creamsicle
Need to cool down after a tough workout or a hot day at the beach? Lap up this low-cal, citrus-infused healthy smoothie recipe.
- 1 navel orange, peeled
- ¼ c fat-free half-and-half or fat-free yogurt
- 2 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine the orange, half-and-half or yogurt, orange juice concentrate, vanilla, and ice cubes.
- Process until smooth.
NUTRITION (per serving): 160 cal, 3 g pro, 36 g carb, 3 g fiber, 28 g sugars, 1 g fat, 0.5 g sat fat, 60 mg sodium
3.Green Tea, Blueberry, and Banana
Antioxidant-rich green tea makes this healthy smoothie a nutritional powerhouse.
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 green tea bag
- 2 tsp honey
- 1½ c frozen blueberries
- ½ med banana
- ¾ c calcium fortified light vanilla soy milk
- Microwave water on high until steaming hot in a small bowl. Add tea bag and allow to brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bag. Stir honey into tea until it dissolves.
- Combine berries, banana, and milk in a blender with ice crushing ability.
- Add tea to blender. Blend ingredients on ice crush or highest setting until smooth. (Some blenders may require additional water to process the mixture.) Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve
NUTRITION (per serving):269 cals, 2.5 g fat, 0.2 g sat fat, 52 mg sodium, 63 g carbs, 38.5 g sugars, 8 g fiber, 3.5 g protein
This decadently thick smoothie recipe can even satisfy your desire for ice cream and it's healthy!
- 1 c low-fat or light vanilla yogurt
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 c pineapple chunks
- Combine the yogurt and ice cubes. Blend, pulsing as needed, until the ice is in large chunks.
- Add the pineapple and blend at "whip" speed until smooth.
NUTRITION (per serving):283 cals, 3.5 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 167 mg sodium, 53.5 g carbs, 48 g sugars, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein
Stay full and fight disease. This high-fiber smoothie recipe becomes even healthier when you use organic kiwis, which contain higher levels of heart-healthy polyphenols and vitamin C.
- 1¼ c cold apple juice
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, sliced
- 5 frozen strawberries
- 1½ tsp honey
- Combine the juice, banana, kiwifruit, strawberries, and honey.
- Blend until smooth.
NUTRITION (per serving): 87 cals, 0.3 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 3.5 mg sodium, 22 g carbs, 16.5 g sugars, 1.5 g fiber, 0.5 g protein.
WORKOUT AT HOME
Time is no longer an excuse! Exercise at home with this 30-minute routine.
Doctors´ diet recommendations
Discover the 7-day 1200 calories diet recommended by nutritionists all over the world