On Friday 12th November, everyone in the school moved to a different classroom to work with children from all year groups within their house team. This was the first team challenge for this year. This term's challenge was a complicated escape room task! Click here to see how they enjoyed the day.
Christmas Craft Club!
This week our new Christmas Craft Club, run by Ms. Bassett, began in upper school. Over the course of the next few weeks, the children will be creating their own magnificent table centrepiece for the Christmas dinner table. Click here to see how the children got on.
Children In Need
Today saw the children commemorating Children in Need by having a non-uniform day in school. It was lovely to see so many bright colours around and many, MANY Pudsey ears! Thank you so much for your generous donations. We raised over £600 and that's not counting those contributions that were put into the infants' collecting buckets at the Ronald Hill Grove gate as the children arrived this morning!
Monday - Cheese and Tomato pizza - Jacket potato with tuna and sweetcorn - Creamy cheese and vegetable bake with garlic bap - vegetable cous cous and salad bar - Fresh fruit, Yoghurt or Raspberry mousse.
Tuesday - Homemade creamy chicken and chickpea korma - Homemade vegetable and 5 bean chilli - Jacket potato with baked beans - Rice, vegetable selection and salad bar - Fresh fruit, Yoghurt or Lemon Shortbread.
Wednesday - Traditional Honey Glazed Roast Gammon - Ratatouille with garlic bap - Baguette with cheese - Roast potatoes, Vegetable Selection and Salad Bar - Fresh fruit, Yoghurt or Fruit Flapjack.
Thursday - Jumbo Pork Sausage in a Baguette - Vegetarian Sausage in Baguette - Tomato and Pepper Pasta Bake with Garlic Bap - Fried Onions, Coleslaw and Salad Bar - Fresh fruit, Yoghurt or Fruit Crumble & Custard.
Friday - 100% Fish Fingers, Jacket Potato with Cheese, Baguette with Salmon and Sweetcorn - Saute Potatoes, Baked Beans and Salad Bar - Fresh fruit, Yoghurt or Fruit Jelly.
New dates in italics
- Tuesday 23rd - Year 3 Book Look
- 1.45pm Year 3 and Year 4 RSE talk for parents/carers
- PM Boys football @ Essex Finals
- 2.20pm Year 5 RSE talk for parents/carers
- Wednesday 24th - AM Years 5/6 (B) Dodgeball at Garons Park
- PM Years 5/6 (A) Dodgeball at Garons Park
- PM 5S Science roadshow
- Thursday 25th - AM 4R Coastal schools
- Friendly Basketball match at Hamstel 3pm
- Week beginning Monday 29th - Whole class Aqua Swim sessions
- Tuesday 30th - AM Year 4 Christmas decorations morning
- Year 6 Book Look
- 1.45pm Year 6 RSE talk for parents/carers
- Flu Immunisations
- 6.00 - 6.30 Late Book Look
- Wednesday 1st - AM Year 6 Christmas decorations morning
- PM Year 5 Science roadshow
- Thursday 2nd - AM Year 3 and Year 5 Christmas decorations morning
- Friday 3rd - Year 3 @ Colchester Zoo
- Week beginning Monday 6th - Friday 9th - Whole class Fun Swim sessions
- Tuesday 7th - Evening - Christmas Celebration
- Year 5 Book Look
- Wednesday 8th - AM 4B Coastal schools
- Year 6 w/Young Shakespeare Company
- PM Year 5 Science roadshow
- Tuesday 14th - Year 4 Book Look
- Wednesday 15th - School Christmas Lunch
- Monday 20th - Monday 3rd January - CHRISTMAS BREAK
- Tuesday 4th - Children return to school
- Friday 11th - INSET Day
- Monday 14th - Friday 18th - HALF TERM BREAK
- Thursday 3rd - Year 4 visit to Colchester Castle
- Thursday 10th - Mary Poppins performances
- Friday 11th - Mary Poppins performances
- Saturday 12th - Mary Poppins performances
- Monday 21st - Choirs at 'Southend Makes Music'
- Monday 4th - Monday 18th - Easter Break
- Monday 2nd - Bank Holiday Monday
- Wednesday 18th - Friday 20th - Year 5 Danbury residential trip
- Friday 22nd - INSET Day
- Monday 30th - Friday 3rd June - Half Term
- Monday 6th - Bank Holiday
- Monday 20th - Friday 24th - Year 6 Ilam Hall Residential/Southend Week
- 3E - Miss Bowes
- 3T - Mrs Thompson/Mrs Mitchinson
- 4B - Mr Boylan
- 3N - Mrs Bemister
- 5S - Mr Buchan
- 5J - Mrs Wilson
- 3G - Mrs Garrett/Mrs Aggus
- 4L - Mr Loveridge
- 4R - Mr Markham
- 5K - Miss Chapman
- 5M - Mrs Millham
- 6W - Mr Dunn
- 6F - Miss Fletcher
- 4D - Mr Dammery
- 6P - Miss Poysden
- 6A - Mrs Nash/Mrs Carr
We had just one class with 100% attendance today which was 5S. Due to the Year 5 poetry presentations in assembly this morning, we did not have time to watch their celebration video but we will definitely watch it next Friday. Well done, 5S!
Citizen of the Week - Olivia McArdle (4L) who spent a lot of her recent weekend litter-picking on Chalkwell Beach - with her own brand-new litter-picker! Great stuff, Olivia, in the spirit of CoP26!
Sports Performer of the Week -was shared between Elodie Bishop and Poppy Corstophine (6A)
Most Improved in PE - Stanley Care (3G)
Congratulations to all of them!