Mission and Goals
At Ralph Chandler Middle School Library, our goal is to ensure that learners leave here as competent, critical, and ethical users and producers of ideas and information. It is our mission to prepare lifelong learners; information literate young people able to determine their information needs, recognize and utilize relevant and credible resources, while evolving into impassioned readers. We seek to underscore the profile of a South Carolina graduate by encouraging students to be creative, innovative, collaborative, self-directed critical thinkers, who become adept at problem solving and who attain a global perspective.
October Collection Statistics (Largest Category - Equipment - Mostly Loaner Chromebooks) Aug/Sept. - 2826
Compared to Other Schools in Greenville County School District (We rank in the top ten middle school stats.) Aug. (39)/Sept. (215) - Totals (254)
Flipster Electronic Magazine Checkouts for October, 2017
Individual and Class Visits
- 10/2 - Randall - (1,2) - Book Checkouts
- 10/3 - Ballinger - (1,2,5,6) - NoodleTools Citation Creator
- 10/5 - Penninger (1,2,5,6) - Egypt Project Expectations - Flipster/LibGuide
- 10/6 - Stills (1,2,5,6) - Egypt Project Expectations - Flipster/LibGuide
- 10/17 - Stills (1,2,5,6) - Egypt Project Expectations - Flipster/LibGuide
- 10/18 - Ritchie (3,4,5,6) - 8th Grade Book Clubs
- 10/30 - Randall (1,2) - NoodleTools Citation Creator
- 10/31 - Bradley (1,2,3,4) - NoodleTools Citation
- Total = 28 Classes (171 class periods met, 28 of 117 = 19%)
- 872 walk-ins = average of 59.21 people a day (This is actually vastly under-reported as our electronic sign-in system is very glitchy, and many individuals do not sign in, nor do teachers sign in.)17 Open days.