"When you find the courage to change at midlife, a miracle happens." Angeles Arrien
This workshop series examines the miracle of change as detailed by Angeles Arrien PH.D. in her seminal work, the Second Half of Life: Opening the eight gates of wisdom. Working in community, participants will explore the sacred space of thresholds – places of stillness where the deep transformative work of re-visioning the second half of life, is cultivated. To achieve this, participants will be invited to delve into the tasks, challenges, and gifts of aging through a process of opening, deepening and softening into our deepest yearnings, our soul's highest values, and our primordial desire for creating a lasting imprint upon the world.
This is a year long series that systematically explores each of the 8 Gates using various transpersonal approaches, exercises, and understandings.
Why so long?
There are no quick answers with this work. Without benefit of way-showers or rituals that honor aging in Western culture, time is needed to excavate and decondition the habitual patterns of thinking and being that have led many to feel estranged from a healthy and fulfilled experience of the second half of life. Processing, practice, and reflection are an integral part of what happens in the space between gatherings. In order to maximize the transformative potential of this work, participants are encouraged to take their time; to marinade in the inner stirrings that this work will surely generate; and to create a new vision of aging that is inspiring, nourishing, and sustaining.
Maximum participants: 16
FREE INFO SESSION: January 23 from 1:00-2:00 PM ET (Canada). Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/94045369150?pwd=M09wYTZVY3NFazBzSEREZ1kweng5UT09
All session times are Eastern Time Zone, Canada
- Session 1: Program Introduction: February 6 from 1:00-4:30 PM
- Sessions 2 through 9 are scheduled from AM 10:00-12:00 & 2:00-5:00 PM. The space in between will used for individual reflection. A mid-month check-in will be scheduled for each of the 8 Gates. Session dates are as follows:
- Session 2: the Silver Gate: March 6
- Session 3: the White Picket Gate: April 3
- Session 4: the Clay Gate: May 1
- Session 5: the Black & White Gate: June 5
- Session 6: the Rustic Gate: July 3
- Session 7: the Bone Gate: August 7
- Session 8: the Natural Gate: September 4
- Session 9: the Gold Gate: October 2
- Session 10: After the 8 Gates: November 6 from 1:00 - 5:00 PM
- Session 11: Continuing the Conversation & Celebration: December 4 from 3:00 - 6:00 PM
An Online format will be utilized for the duration of this series. Once in-person gatherings are permitted, alternative venues may be arranged as an adjunct to online delivery.
Not sure if this is right for you? Consider attending the FREE Information Session for more details. Still not sure? Here are some OPTIONS:
- Hold your space: A $75 deposit is required to attend the Introductory Workshop on February 6, 2021. This amount will be deducted from the regular, discounted and "testing the waters" prices listed below. Deadline: February 1, 2021
- Regular price for 11-Part Series: $1410 CAD (if paid after February 14)
- Save 10%: Pay for the entire series by February 14, 2021: $1269 CAD
- Pay in 3 installments of $475 CAD on January 31, April 30, and August 31, 2021
- Scholarship Option: For those interested, but experiencing financial restrictions, 2 spots will be available for scholarship applicants. See SCHOLARSHIPS for details.
- Testing the waters: In order to maximize the transformative potential of this work, participants are encouraged to commit to the entire series. If you're interested but still unsure, then register and pay for the first 4 Gates. Cost: $660 CAD. This option includes the Introductory Session in February. Deadline for payment is February 14, 2021. If you like what you experience, register and pay for the remaining series prior to July 3. Balance: $770
- Certificate of Completion: A certificate will be provided to participants who complete the full series.
A limited number of partial scholarships are being offered. Please do not apply for a scholarship unless you have true financial need. To apply, please download and complete the Scholarship Application located on page 2 of the Registration Form. Include any relevant circumstances in support of your request. A maximum of 2 partial scholarships will be offered. Deadline for application is January 30, 2021. Notifications will be sent to all applicants by February 1, 2021.
To register, please download and complete the Registration Form. Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org with payment. Deadline for registration is January 30, 2021. Payment options and deadlines are detailed under INVESTMENT. Payment methods and contact details are below.
- Phone/text: 613-329-6224
- Email: email@example.com
- Payment via Interac (Canada) or Paypal.
- Contact Denise for more payment options. Fees include a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellation deadline is February 1, 2021. Once the series has begun, NO refunds will be issued.
The Second Half of Life: Opening the eight gates of wisdom, Angeles Arrien (2007) Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/50432.The_Second_Half_of_Life Sounds True Audio download: https://www.soundstrue.com/products/the-second-half-of-life
MEET THE FACILITATOR
Denise Neumann-Fuhr RN, MA, TCC
A nurse by training, I work with a psychospiritual approach to health and wellbeing. As a nurse educator and Transformational Coach (Certified 2010) my explorations and training span a myriad topic including the expansive realm of Transpersonal Psychology (MA, 2009). Augmenting this is training in Hakomi - a mindfulness-based method of assisted self-study (2018-present), energy healing (Reiki 2010, Vortex Energy), Compassion Cultivation (2019), Life-Cycle Celebrant Certification, mindfulness and meditation practices, and of course, aging. Mindful. Compassionate. Healing. is fundamental to my practice and the work of healing and restoring the wounded soul. It is fundamental to the work of MY soul. It defines my approach to life. For more information and credentials, please visit www.deniseneumannfuhr.ca
Revised January 1, 2021