England and America are more different that you would think. Their daily way of life, way they speak, political system, and history. England is a significant part of our history because they colonized the first cities.
English social norms
- Being late to anything is considered very rude
- it is widely accepted to keep an arms length to people you are walking next to or talking to
- If you are greeting a woman you should kiss them on the cheek
- The English have a very high respect for their elders and those who are disabled
- If you go to the home of an Englander you are expected to bring a small gift such a bottle of wine or some flowers to say thank you
- If someone invites you to dinner they are expected to pay. In order to pay them back you can invite them to dinner
The pictures above are some examples of the architecture in England. Everything from Castles to Cathedrals to homes have their own architecture. The building style of England is so similar to colonial Williamsburg. Here are some picture of building in colonial Williamsburg to show you how similar they really are.