Upcoming Friends' events
- Second Hand Uniform and Year 4 Cake Sale this Friday 19 October after school 3-3:30pm.
- Quiz Night for the grown ups on Wednesday 14 November 2018. Don't be shy and sign up, either yourself or as a team of maximum 6 people. Tickets are on sale already. There will be a bar (including Brockley beer) and snacks) - click here to buy your ticket.
- Christmas Jumper Exchange - your children's Christmas jumpers no longer fit? We are looking to organise a Christmas jumper exchange.
- Winter Fair for everyone on Saturday 1 December 2018.
- School Disco for the kids on Friday 25 January 2019. Watch out for tickets going on sale.
- Wine tasting and Auction for the grown ups on Friday 15 March 2019
- Family Camping Weekend in Dulwich Woods on Saturday 8 June and Sunday 10 June 2019.
- Summer Fair for everyone on 6 July 2019
Please contact us if you can help - firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you help ?
There are many ways to help, even if you aren't able to be at school regularly. You might have suggestions we haven't thought of, but here are a few ideas.
- Volunteer to do a shift at one of our events or projects.
- Register with Easy Fundraising or Amazon Smile and as you shop retailers donate a percentage of the amount you spend to us. EasyFundraising offers nearly £40 if anyone signs up with Sky Broadband. It includes all major retailer including Tesco, John Lewis, etc.
- Attend our events, including fairs, discos, camping, quiz nights, wine tastings, auctions and international food evenings.
- Find out if your company can support us through matched giving or other sponsorship.
- Bring old clothes on our Bags2School days and donate old school uniforms to our pop up uniform stall.
- Bake cakes, garden, sew school play costumes, play music, design posters, write letters and share your skills and talents for the benefit of the children.
- Join the committee and help organise events, spending, communications and a variety of other projects.
- Do a sponsored run or other event and nominate the Friends of the Free School as your chosen charity.
- Stay in touch by email - email@example.com or via our Facebook Group - "Friends of the HTG Free School"
The current Friends Committee was elected last May. Since then there has been one recent Committee change. Katrina Blake had to resign from the Committee for personal reasons. A big thank you to Katrina for all her help! We are looking to co-opt additional members to the Committee. There is never a dull moment with plenty of events and activities to organise.
If you can help or would like to better understand what being a Committee member involves please get in touch by Friday 9 November - firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to any one of us at the school.
Annual General Meeting
The previous Friends' Committee met in May to give a full round up of events in 2018, an overview of the finances, as well as the spending plans for the future.
The Friends of the Free School Committee
Co - chair and Secretary Jasmin Bukic
Co -chair Thorsten Gailing
Treasurer Carolina Perez
Communications Miranda Mosley
Ordinary Committee Member Richard Gaillard
Friends of the Free School
For those of you who haven’t come across us yet, we’re a PTA charity run by a group of parents dedicated to fundraising for our school by bringing some fun events to the children and families of Hatcham Temple Grove Free School. We are commonly referred to as the Friends. Membership of the Friends is automatic for all parents, carers and staff and there are regular opportunities to get involved, great and small.
What we do?
We support Hatcham Temple Grove Free School in creating a strong and positive community of families, carers, children and staff.
We do this through:
- Social events and activities that help build relationships and encourage children, their families and the staff of the school to feel part of school life
- By raising funds to help support the school for the benefit of the children of Hatcham Temple Grove Free School
Where does our money go?
The money raised from our events has helped fund amongst other things, the Wild Space, the beautiful wall mural and floor markings, the allotment space that is being built by the school entrance, over 440 English and German library books, costumes and material for the Christmas and Shakespeare performances, two artists in residence who each spent an afternoon a week working with our children on a variety of art projects.