- Team: Phil Youster, head of operations and Martine Palfrey, business travel team leader. Gowling WLG has six in-house travel experts who offer a high touch service and handle all of the firm’s bookings, using Travel and Transport Statesman’s booking systems.
- Annual travel spend: Approximately £2.8 million with a large number of rail bookings.
- Locations: U.K. offices in Birmingham, and London, with a total of 18 offices around the world.
- Travellers: More than 1,400 legal professionals.
- Client since: February 2013 after a tender process. Introduced in-house team in July 2014 - find out more about our partnership here.
The U.K. rail industry is moving over to mobile tickets and e-tickets. Phil spotted this development as an opportunity to improve the booking and traveller experience for Gowling WLG’s employees, while also introducing other new technology such as Dash Portal for bookers and the Dash Mobile app for travellers.
“By the end of the year it will be compulsory for our travellers to use e-tickets for rail travel, following an ongoing roll-out,” explains Phil. "The introduction of e-tickets helps to streamline the whole rail process."
The team wanted to maintain control and ensure the right tickets are issued, so Travel and Transport Statesman enabled an approval process, which has just two steps:
- An email notification is sent to the Gowling WLG travel team when a booking is made.
- They log into their Evolvi team account to approve or decline.