weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, chalkfest, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. Parent/Teacher Conferences: P/T conferences will occur over two evenings (October 30th & November 8th) from 4-7pm. If you have not already signed up for a time/date and would still like one, please contact your child's homeroom teacher.
2. e-Learning News: PLEASE click here to go to the Powerschool Parent Portal and complete the questionnaire (top left of webpage) or return the paper form we sent home this week. The first e-Learning day will take place on September 26th. Below are two links with additional information regarding this day. The first link provides a daycare option, if desired. The second is a page created by MIS teachers that describe some of the tools that your child may be asked to use on an e-Learning day along with a reminder of some important contact information should your child need support on this day.
3. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Tripp R., Kate G., Natalie D., Sarah L., Dylan G., Aiden M., Jarred H., and Izzy T.
4. MIS Spiritwear: Store open until 11PM Sunday, September 23rd. If you are interested in purchasing some MIS and/or Cougar attire, click below.
5. ILEARN (replaces ISTEP+): Attached is a document from the Indiana Department of Education identifying 5 Key Points for Parents to know about the new assessment students will be taking this spring.
6. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
7. #thankfulThursday: We appreciate the many comments already supplied. If a teacher or staff member has gone above and beyond, we would encourage you to share these stories with us by using the link below.
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"We love having Miss Mullen this year. 'Miss Mullen is funny, and has a nice heart' - straight from our son."
"We would like to send a huge Thank You to Mrs. Hacker for the great work she does everyday. She has energized our daughter in physical fitness and has inspired her to take that same energy home to her family! We hear the stations are amazing! Keep it up!"
8. Lost & Found: If your child is missing an item, please have them check the lost & found table located outside of the office. Any items left on the table at the end of the day on Friday, October 5th will be donated to a local charity.
9. Fall Break: Please remember that the two week Fall Break begins Monday, October 8th. School will resume following break on Monday, October 22nd.
10. Picture Re-Take Information (Tuesday, September 25th):
11. Immunization Notice Update: On September 27, 2018, any student not compliant with vaccines, per the state mandated guidelines, will be excluded from attending school until documentation of vaccine administration is provided to the school. The Hancock County Health Department is a valuable resource for vaccine administration. They will be open for walk-in vaccinations on GC's eLearning Day, September 26th, from 8:30-3:30pm. No appointments necessary. You can also contact your local healthcare provider or local pharmacies can also administer vaccines. Prior notification has been made to families if your student does not have vaccine documentation on file with the school.
12. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
September 25th: Picture Re-takes
September 26th: E-learning Day
October 8th-19th: Fall Break
October 30th/November 8th: P/T Conferences (4-7pm)
November 1st: E-learning Day
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY