1. Medicinal plants
- Coconut Palm: used for anti-inflammatory purposes. The fruit and palm heart is used to make the medicine.
- Kava: used as a sedative. The root is used to make the medicine.
- Cacao: dilates blood cells. The seed is used to make the medicine.
- Curare: relaxes your muscles. The stem is used to make the medicine.
- Cinchona: helps treat malaria. Bark is used to create the medicine.
2. Leaf from the rainforest, it's adaptation, and sketch
- Anthurium schlechtendalii: it adapted its leaf size in order to get more sunlight.
3. Epiphyte and its adaptation in the rainforest
- Cryosophila warscewiczii: its roots absorb the water in the air.
6. A carnivorous plant: it's adaptations on getting prey and why does it have to capture prey?
- Venus flytrap: the adaptation is that it uses a sensory technique in which the prey gets caught inside when the flytrap closes. It breaks down the food with a liquid and uses it for food.
10. Layers of the rainforest
11. Climbing plant and adaptation
- Jade Vine: the adaptation is that it climbs towards the sunlight.
12. Moss covered area
- It is so small because it is nonvascular.
14. Desert epiphyte and difference between rainforest epiphyte
- Tillandsia albida: takes nutrients from a tree and uses it as a source for its needs.
15. Desert leaf and its adaptations
- Crassula sarmentosa: learns how to get water when water is scarce.
16. Flower in the desert area and difference between desert flower and rainforest flower.
- The flower has fuzzy leaves unlike the ones in the rainforest.
Extra Credit: Lord of Rings Plant
- Gallum Crassus ovata, jade plant.