Hayley D'Avilar (2014-17)
- Career .309 hitter in 405 at-bats
- Ended with a .404 career on-base percentage
- Named All-GLIAC in 2016
Hayley was as talented an outfielder as I have seen at Northwood. She had gap-to-gap power as well as being one of the fastest runners we've had at Northwood. Might be the best defensive outfielder of the decade.
Rachel Hammer (2010-13)
- Two-time All-GLIAC honoree, including First Team in 2013
- Tied for fourth in school history with 16 career home runs
- Also ranks among career leaders in games, runs, hits, RBIs and total bases
I'll remember Rachel as much for her bat point at the pitcher (shown here) as her great play. Which is too bad, because she was a tremendous all-around player. Had tons of pop in her bat. One of the best players on one of the best rosters in school history.
SYDNI PAULEY (2015-18)
- Two-time All-GLIAC honoree, including earning First Team honors as a senior
- Ranks third on the all-time home runs list in NU history (22)
- Her 12 home runs in 2017 are the second most in a season in school history
Sydni patiently waited for her opportunity until her junior season. But once she got in, Sydni was a force at the plate for the Timberwolves. Twenty-one of her 22 career home runs came in the last two years of her career. Had as much pop in her bat as anyone I have seen at Northwood.
Michelle Boscola (2007-10)
- First Team All-GLIAC (2010)
- Set NU record for doubles in a season in 2010 (15)
- Ended season batting .397 with seven home runs, 35 RBIs and a .691 slugging percentage
I thought a lot about putting Paige Shields for being a great player and being a part of more seasons this decade, but Michelle's senior season is one of the best in school history. Hit the ball hard as consistently as anyone we have had at Northwood and played a great third base.
Stacey Klonowski (2011-14)
- Earned All-GLIAC honors four times in her career
- Holds Northwood record for home runs in a career (29)
- Name appears in the Northwood record book a total of 21 times
Among the best athletes in any sport I have covered at Northwood. In my opinion, Stacey is the greatest position player in school history. The best hitter I have seen at NU, she could clear the fence to any field with ease. But she also was tremendous in the field - even if she was an average hitter, Stacey would be a strong candidate for this team with her glove alone.
Tara Gross (2018-19)
- Named Northwood Female Newcomer of the Year at the 2018 Timby Awards
- Has hit .344 in her first two seasons at Northwood
- Holds a .968 fielding percentage in two season
I went back and forth on this position more than any other selection for all of these all-decade teams, choosing between Tara and Andrea Martin (2009-12). Andrea had more honors from the GLIAC, but I decided on Tara because her stats are slightly better across the board. Tara and her sister Julia are spectacular athletes that raised the bar of Northwood softball. Tara is a great hitter and is incredible defensively.
Sam Zaborowski (2011-14)
- First Team All- GLIAC in both her junior and senior season
- Her .436 batting average in 2013 is the fourth highest in school history
- Finished career ranking sixth in school history in batting average (.347), fourth in home runs (16) and second in RBIs (130)
As difficult as the choice at second base was, the decision at first was very easy. Sam will go down as one of the best pure hitters to come through the program. Her junior season was remarkable - she just kept getting hit after hit. And Sam did all of that while being very tough to strike out - she struck out just 15 times in 260 at-bats in her final two seasons at NU.
Sydni Culps (2017-19)
- First Team All-GLIAC (2018)
- Hit .363 in 2018 with a .432 on-base percentage
- Had 18 extra base hits in 2019
Sydni had one of the biggest breakthrough seasons I have seen at Northwood in 2018. In the later portions of that year, I realized the player I thought was a part-time role player was hitting in the high .300s. While she fell back a bit in 2019, Sydni was still a big threat from the plate with five home runs and 33 RBIs.
Marisa Borkowski (2010-13)
- Named All-GLIAC three times, including earning First Team honors in 2011
- Earned First Team All-Region in 2011
- Ranks among career leaders at Northwood in RBIs (89) and total bases (234)
Marisa spent almost an equal amount of time at catcher and the outfield. She had a pure lefthanded swing that provided a ton of power. Marisa also had a great eye at the plate, ending her career with on-base percentage of .418.
Megan Eddy (2008-11)
- Named All-GLIAC twice (2010, 2011), including First Team honors in 2010
- Went 29-11 with a 1.89 ERA in 2010 and 2011
- Also a force on offense, standing fourth on the NU single-season stolen base list (27)
Megan grew into a great pitcher for the Timberwolves over the course of her career. As a senior, she won 19 of Northwood's 26 total victories in 2011. Those 19 wins in 2011 are the most in a season for any pitcher this decade. And for good measure, she was a strong offensive player. Her 27 stolen bases in 2010 are the most for any NU player this decade.
Taylor Wright (2017-19)
- Second Team All-GLIAC (2019)
- Set school record for strikeouts in a seven inning (17) in 2018
- Has a 1.88 career ERA in 182 1/3 innings
If not for injuries her first two years at Northwood, Taylor would already be among the greatest pitchers in school history. She pitched through GLIAC play the entire 2019 season and showed she is one of the best in the league. Now that she is healthy in the off season for the first time her career, she is positioned for a big 2020 season.