We could only use select materials
- Be honest and realistic in planning and reporting the project scope, schedule, staffing, and cost
- Notify the customer/sponsor of any changes in the project which would affect them
- Keep all the team members informed about the project all the time
- Focus on what is best for the project all the time
- Meet the project deadlines
- See the project through to completion
- Be honest and open during the meetings
- Encourage the diversity in design ideas
- Give everyone the opportunity for equal participation
- Be open to new approaches and listen to new ideas
- We will solve all problems as a team and won’t put the blame on any one person in case of failures. Instead we will discuss the process and explore different ways to solve it.
- Seek first to understand and then to be understood
- Be precise and to the point
- Keep discussions on track
- Use visual means such as sketches and drawings of design ideas to facilitate discussion
- Use emails and Google Hangouts for communication amongst ourselves
- Meet once a week in person to discuss the progress of the project.
- Build on each others ideas
- Use team tools when appropriate to facilitate problem solving
- Discuss criteria (cost of materials, time, impact etc.) for making a decision before choosing a particular design for the tower.
- Get input from the entire team before making a decision
- Discuss concerns with other team members during the team meetings
- Ask other team members if they completely agree with the decision before it is made final.
- Regard conflicts as part of the project and treat them as opportunities to do better
- Choose an appropriate place and time to talk about the conflicts
- State our points of view in a non-attacking manner
- Seek to find some common ground for agreement & listen to others point of view with an open mind.
- Meetings will be held every week
- Meetings will be called by the Project Manager
- Minutes of the meetings will be posted by the Project Manager
- Meetings will begin and end on time
- All the team members are expected to make it to the meeting unless they are busy with at work or have some other unavoidable circumstances
We brainstormed ideas, and went back to the drawing board in order to please our customer
Top flared section needed extra support (internal sticks), off-center because the soft marshmallows proved tricky to work with
Overall we planned well but challenges were expected
TeamWork In Action
These were our key takeaways from this project:
We had 2 meetings every week. One in-person meeting and one remote meeting. This was really beneficial as it kept us on schedule and it made the planning and decision phase of our project very smooth
We had several prototypes for our design, we made sketches and did calculations for the dimensions of the tower and how much each design would cost us. This proved really helpful as we were able to keep well within our budget. We used $18 for prototyping and $77 for our final tower.
Communication is the main key for success of a team. Our project manager was very considerate of all the ideas suggested by the team members and this really helped us achieve our goal for this project
Before building the tower on the final day, we had distributed our activities. We had a clear idea of who would be in charge of what activity. This helped us complete our project smoothly without anything going out of control.