"Drink no wine or strong drink, you or your sons with you, when you go into the the tent of meeting, lest you die. It shall be a statute forever throughout your generation."
"And do not get drunk with wine, for that is a debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit:"
1 Corinthians 6:10
Paul lists drunks with those who will not inherit the Kingdom of God
- Led himself into isolation
- Ended up overusing alcohol
- Dismissed by church pastors
- Seeking psychiatric assistance in recovery
- Grew up in a fundamentalist background
- Enjoyed alcohol and the community
- Moved into a low-income community and saw the tragic effects it had on her neighbors
- Now rejects the use of alcohol
Alcohol: the Application
Church Leaders: Abstinance
James 3:1 "Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness."
Church Members: Moderation
Discussion Question: Do you think pastors should be able to drink?