Return to Learn: Hybrid/In-Seat Timeline
Week of October 12th – 6th grade students are invited to return to the building
- Monday and Tuesday (October 12th & 13th) -- Last names A-K attend in seat
- Wednesday (October 14th) -- ALL students attend virtually
- Thursday and Friday (October 15th & 16th) -- Last names L-Z attend in seat
Week of October 19th – 6th grade students attend (due to conflicts with conferences and half day schedules students in grades 7 & 8 will be invited back on Monday 10/26)
- Monday and Tuesday (October 19th & 20th) -- Last names A-K attend in seat
- Wednesday (October 21st) -- ALL students attend virtually
- Thursday (October 22nd) -- ALL students attend virtually. This is a Half Day with ASYNCHRONOUS learning (There will be No Zoom sessions) for students – MS conferences begin at 1pm
- Friday (October 23rd) – ALL students attend virtually. This is a Half Day. Students will log in to Zoom and receive live instruction.
Week of October 26th – Students in grades 7 & 8 are invited to return to the building
- Monday and Tuesday (October 26th & 27th) -- Last names A-K attend in seat
- Wednesday (October 28th) -- ALL students attend virtually
- Thursday and Friday (October 29th & 30th) -- Last names L-Z attend in seat
Upcoming Calendar Items
TSD World Class Podcast: Finding a Way | Episode 05: Return to Middle School
Return to Learn Virtual Tour
Please check School Messenger for the Video Link
The In-Seat Hybrid Schedule
Baker is shifting to the In-Seat Hybrid Schedule that has adjusted time to accommodate the new passing time procedures and student lunches. While our 6th grades are the only students in the building, the entire school will begin using the new schedule to prepare for all grade level returning students and all accommodate our teachers who teach various grade levels. As of Monday October 12th, we will begin using he following schedule.
Baker Middle School Return to Learn Parent Guidebook
Please check your email for a School Messenger that includes our Return to Learn Parent Guidebook. It will outline the details regarding our day to day procedures, assigned entrances for parent drop off and bus transportation students, directional traffic maps, lunch and more.
The School Messenger also includes a brief video tour of our building to help your student navigate the building and be prepared on the first day of in-seat instruction. We appreciate your patience with this process and can't wait until the big day. It feels like the first day of school again!
Bus Stop, Pick-Up, and Drop-Off Information
In order to locate your student’s busing information, you will need to login to your Parent Portal (ps.troy.k12.mi.us). Then click on the bus icon on the left side of the screen. This will tell you the bus number, drop off and pick up time, and the bus stop.
Daily Health Screening
As a part of our Return to Learn Plan, all students attending school in-person, will need to complete a daily health screening. To assist with the completion of this test, you will receive an automated call every morning during the first week back in-seat, reminding you to submit the student health screening for your child/children. Please note that you only have to submit the screening on the days your student is physically in class, but the system will still send you a daily reminder.
It's very important that you do this by 7:45 am. After the first week, you will no longer receive a phone call reminder (unless you have a student starting in another grade later in the month). Students will not be able to attend school in-person if the screenings are not done. This is not intended to be punitive in any way, but it is a critical measure in protecting the safety of all.
Here is a short video and some written instructions:
DAILY STUDENT HEALTH ASSESSMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Log in to your Parent Portal on PowerSchool
- Click “Student Assessment” in the banner across the top
- Answer 4 questions about your student’s health that day
- Click submit (and repeat the process for every student in your family)
It’s very important that you keep your student home if you answer “Yes” to any of the questions or your child is ill in any way. Don't forget--this doesn't mean they have to miss school. They can simply join virtually from home as they have been doing so far. We considered this in the designing of our hybrid plan.
Parent Teacher Conferences
The Conference Manager will open Tuesday, October 13th at 6 am and close Tuesday, October 20th at 3 pm.
Baker is once again using an online Conference Manager scheduling tool for Parent Teacher Conferences. This software, will allow you to pick and choose your own schedule for conferences, which can make for a more efficient and personalized experience for parents. Click on the link below to visit the Conference Manager website.
The Fall Parent Teacher Conferences (3 sessions):
- Wednesday, October 21st, Evening 5 - 8 pm
- Thursday, October 22nd, Afternoon 1 pm - 3:30 pm
- Thursday, October 23rd, Evening 5 - 8 pm
This will be a virtual event and just as we did with the virtual Curriculum Night, we are asking parent to attend their scheduled parent teacher conferences via Zoom using their students support link for each of their teachers..
Meal Service Program
Please call 248.823.4601 to report absences
Attendance is an important factor in your students academic success. Regular and punctual attendance is an expectation for our learning environment, regardless of the format! All student absences must be called in to our attendance hotline before school starts, the morning of your student’s absence (248.823.4601). The attendance hotline is available 24 hours per day.
Baker Counseling Monthly Parent Sessions On Zoom