By partnering with Transplace to optimize its transportation network, the global food company was able to gain a clear understanding of its pre- and post-acquisition business operations and develop a project and implementation plan that led to significant cost and efficiency gains, including:
- Optimized network – By establishing a post- acquisition baseline, Transplace was then able to remodel its supply chain network and establish merging centers in order to drive efficiency and reduce transportation and warehousing costs.
- Smarter scheduling – Establishing a defined schedule for customer orders and deliveries helped bring consistency to shipping operations while allowing them to utilize dynamically-routed, multi- stop loads and address the geographical challenges of shipping in Canada.
- Reduced transportation costs by 7% –By consolidating freight, reducing inventory stored at forward warehouses and implementing a shipping schedule with dynamic load building, the company was able to achieve cost savings of more than 7%.
Confidence and Peace of Mind
- Process consistency – By establishing consistent order and delivery processes, the company was able to reduce lead times and deliver higher service levels to its customers.
- Continuous improvement – With an in-depth understanding of the company's operations and access to key metrics, Transplace is able to continuously identify new cost-saving opportunities and efficiency improvements.