What do they do?
Northwestern Mutual's financial planning process is designed to help customers create a lifetime of financial security. Employees aim to provide expert advice and make financial recommendations based on your priorities.
Assist with: creating a budget, protecting income, establishing emergency funds, saving for college, saving for retirement, getting married, getting divorced, caring for an elderly parent, caring for dependents with special needs, etc.
Through their helpful 4 step process, financial professors will work with you to:
1. Identify your goals: First, they'll make sure they understand where you are today, your future goals, and how to get you there
2. Develop your personalized plan: They will analyze your financial situation, and make recommendations that can help you reach financial security
3. Implement your strategies: Financial solutions will be brought to life with proven solutions
4. Review you plan: Professionals will help you adjust your plan as needed to help your goals stay on track
Aside from financial planning, protection against the unexpected is one of the biggest goals for financial professionals.
- Risk Management-Be financially prepared to handle the unexpected
- Wealth Accumulation- Maximize your money
- Wealth Preservation- Ensure your money lasts as long as you live, and that you leave behind the legacy you desire
Finantial Representative Internship
Ranked "One of America's Top 10 Internships"
- Northwestern Mutual provides interns with real world experience from day 1
- As an intern, you are mentored and instructed by industry professionals that have had the experience to know what it takes to succeed
- Gives interns the opportunity to test drive a career where they can achieve their goals by having an impact on people's lives
Interns main objectives will be to:
- Pursue clients
- Maintain client relationships
- Identify target markets to sell services
Interns will become familiarized with all the sales methods, policies and procedures of Northwestern Mutual. After they are comfortable working without a mentor, they can work independently and even earn stipend(s) and commission.
Northwestern Mutual has been recognized as a most-admired life insurance company in the world by trusted experts and peers.
It has also been ranked as #100 in Fortune 500 best companies to work for
“Fitch views Northwestern's successful distribution system, large and stable block of traditional life insurance, and expense advantage relative to peers as key competitive advantages.” Fitch Ratings, 11/2016
“The superior rating reflects Northwestern Mutual’s favorable level of risk-adjusted capitalization, exclusive career agency distribution system, strong liquidity and leading market position in participating whole life insurance.” A.M. Best, 5/2016
Why I choose Northwestern Mutual
Study Abroad: Gilo, Israel
- Volunteered for AMIT school for at-risk youth
- Have witnessesed what poor financial planning can do
- Learned importance of giving back
- Head of fundraising for all activities
- Handled large budgets