Mr. Revetta, Mr. Barlow, and Dr. Monheim breaking ground in July, 1955. The building was completed in September, 1957.
Constructing the pathway to success.
The front lobby 1957 and 2017. The lobby used to welcome guests with a cozy seating area upon arrival at the high school.
An Investment in the Future
The Dedication Ceremony introduced a cutting edge facility to the community.
Looking down the 110s at the cafeteria.
The cafeteria from 1957 and 2017. When new, the cafeteria was open to the industrial arts hallway. The wall was added in a renovation and the art rooms were relocated from our current main office space to the industrial arts spaces.
On a cold winter's day in 2017, plants are starting to grow for the spring. The Green Team maintains the space and sells plants each spring.
The Library Re-imagined
The original library was housed in room 154 and the Warrior Nook. In the 1977 renovation, the library was moved to the area that was once a courtyard (pictured below) across from the original gym. Renamed the EF Media Center in 2013, the space offers a TV studio, a Sound studio, and a Cafe.
The English Hallway (the 100s) in 1957
The English Hallway 2017
In 1977, the school opened additional class spaces as well as the new swimming pool. The new addition (the 130s, 140s, and 210s) offered many new classrooms including cutting edge labs for science classes.
Looking down the 130s (history hallway) in 1957. The windows peered out to a large courtyard where students could enjoy their lunches in the sunshine.
The history hallway addition provided much needed classrooms.
The school offered the best in technology upon its inception.
Technological Innovations have changed the face of education. The 1:1 Apple Initiative began in 2013. It places an iPad in the hands of each student and teacher. Students are able to use a myraid of Mac labs, audio and video recording equipment, and 3D printers.
Industrial Arts becomes Technology Education with the dawning of the computer age.
The Fabrication Lab opened its doors in 2015.
The Fine & Performing Arts
The auditorium (which seats 780) has housed assemblies, pep rallies, concerts, musicals, plays and community events over the past 60 years.
The Music Wing
The addition of the new library space in the 1970s eliminated the windows in these spaces. The window picture is a view from the choral room looking at the auditorium.
Family & Consumer Science
Once called "Home Economics Education", Family & Consumer Science offers classes to both young men and women at the High School. Students are taught basic cooking skills and child care.
The Art Wing
The Art Wing, relocated across from the cafeteria, offers many classes from Introduction to Art to Ceramics and Three Dimensional Design.
Family & Consumer Science
The Main Gym
The Weight Room
The past six decades have played host to thousands upon thousands of young men and women in their pursuit of education. The spirit of the Warriors spurs us on to be leaders and champions.