Each participant will have the opportunity to lead a 60-minute Session to elicit feedback and discussion from all other participants on anything they want. It could be about an idea for a new business, an issue faced in a current pursuit, or something more personal. Most people choose to do this in a ‘mastermind’ format but the format is up to the leader of the Session. If you’d like more information on ways to make the most of a mastermind session, let us know and we’ll send some resources your way.
And that’s only the structured time. A lot of the value comes from the serendipitous convos that happen while sailing, swimming, exploring and eating.
The aim for the first few full days starting Sunday is to have 2x hour-long Sessions per day (see next section). So those days look something like:
- 8:30am - 9:30am Breakfast
- 9:30am - 10:30am First Session
- 10 minute break
- 10:40am - 11:40am Second Session
- 11:40am - 1:00pm Sailing and exploring
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm Lunch
- 2:00pm - 7:00pm Sailing and exploring
- 7pm - Dinner
As wind and weather are out of our control, there’s always potential for all these times to be moved around. Sometimes it may make sense for us to sail in the morning, for example, and get to our final destination before the Sessions start.
The meat and potatoes
- From April 29-May 20 this year we’ll be holding three separate weeks of Ocean Sessions.
- The Lagoon 38 catamaran is booked and we have a few spots available for the first of you to confirm attendance by sending $1400 or $2750 (US Dollars) to email@example.com.
- For $1400 you’ll be a sharing a cabin with one other participant, or for $2750 you get the whole cabin to yourself.
There’s limited time to buy these at the beginning of the season, and this isn’t some false urgency tactic – once the slots are gone for the season that’s it. This season will be only 3 weeks:
- WEEK 1: Saturday 29 April - Saturday 6 May 2017
- WEEK 2: Saturday 6 May - Saturday 13 May 2017
- WEEK 3: Saturday 13 May - Saturday 20 May 2017
We want the focus to be on the people and your time with them more than the location of where the boat is. We’ll keep the location to be something of a surprise, for as long as possible, anyway, although we can tell you this season will be in the Eastern Mediterranean. When it’s time to book your flights, get in touch and we’ll let you know the best airport for you to fly into for the week you’ve chosen. We don’t have a set plan of exactly where we are going. That’s all part of the adventure. There will be discussion about the day’s plans during breakfast chats each day, factoring in the wind and weather conditions at hand.
Your $$ covers charter fees, our captain, host, any berthing fees, permits, fuel and the food we have on board for 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 3 dinners. Not included will be the other 3 dinners at restaurants on land (which is a clue that we don’t intend going too far from civilization).
We’ll have a captain who will be responsible for the boat and its movements, and a host who will be responsible for meals onboard, cleaning up afterwards and helping make sure everyone’s happy. During our sailing hours, you’ll have a chance to help develop your sailing skills, lay out horizontal with your favorite book, or launch into the deep & meaningful with other participants. You’ll likely also get time to explore on land once we’ve anchored or moored up. You’re not required to assist with food prep or cleaning, but in our experience working together in these areas develops stronger bonds (and undying gratitude from our crew!)
Who will be onboard?
We only want the best of the best to be part of the adventure. What that means to us are people who:
- are a pleasure to spend long stretches of time with
- are world class at what they do
- give great advice
- provide value to the world in a positive, truthful and non-spammy way
- are respectful and considerate of others
- love learning
- make people feel at ease
- are supremely trustworthy (i.e. other people would trust them with their life)
- enjoy adventurous travel, even the type that is far from luxury and where things don’t necessarily go to plan
The result for someone attending is that they should be able to choose any week where there’s a slot available, even if they don’t know anyone that week, and be confident that the boat will be full of only amazing people.
You are receiving this because we think you are amazing and have all of the above qualities. Feel free to tell us if you disagree:)
If you know of people that would love this and tick all of the above, please let us know who they are. Even if you know they won’t be able to make it for these weeks, the more people who want to come along, the longer the next season will be - which means more flexibility with dates for everyone.
Longer term we want to provide a year-round opportunity for the best people in the world to be part of a sailing and personal development adventure, and the next stage is to have multiple boats running year-round in different regions of the world, giving you as an Ocean Session participant more options. It’s important to us to show love and thanks to the early participants on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to jump on board as early as possible - as Ocean Sessions grows we’ll always be looking for ways to pay it forward to those who got behind the concept early.
I want iN!
If you want to get onboard, confirm your spot by sending $1400 (shared cabin) or $2750 (whole cabin) to firstname.lastname@example.org (send it as a ‘gift' for bonus points) and tell us which week or weeks you want to join, Week 1, 2 or 3 - first to confirm get the spots!
- If you can’t make it for any of these weeks but are interested in future trips, let us know.
- If you know people you think should be part of this, let us know who they are. (Hot tip: run your eyes down your Facebook friend list to make sure you don’t miss anyone awesome - and don’t forget those Facebook exiles/holdouts)
- If you have any questions, or if there’s anything holding you back from pulling the trigger, hit us up.
Much love, Doug.