$46,200 (2016 est.)
$46,200 (2015 est.)
(in 2016 dollars)
country comparison to the world: 32
7.1% (2016 est.)
country comparison to the world: 83
note: this figure is the Low Income Cut-Off - Canada does not have an official poverty line (2008 est.)
$402.4 billion (2016 est.)
country comparison to the world: 12
$1.608 trillion (31 March 2016 est.)
country comparison to the world: 14
Telephones - fixed lines:
total subscriptions: 15.902 million
country comparison to the world: 17
Telephones - mobile cellular:
total: 29.39 million
country comparison to the world: 44
general assessment: excellent service provided by modern technology
domestic: domestic satellite system with about 300 earth stations
international: country code - 1; submarine cables provide links to the US and Europe; satellite earth stations - 7 (2011)
total: 31.053 million
country comparison to the world: 21
- Students aren't taught much about Canada.
- Most Slovenians have family members in Canada, which is how they know about it, and view it in a somewhat positive light.
- Most don't know much about Canada.
- They know it for its nature and beauty.
- Considered the better version of the United States
- The Dutch are drawn to the way Canadians are "down-to-earth"
- The Dutch are willing to help Canadians, and will treat them nicely.
- They are scared that Canada will no longer be the beautiful country they view it as, and they will become more greedy and will be seen in a negative light.
- Barely hear about Canada in the news.
- Barely know anything about Canada.
- Canada's positive image is still present around Europe.
- Canada is also seen as the better version of the United States.
- Americans like Canadians best out of anyone else in the world.
- Canada is the United States' closest ally.
- Yet, Americans don't know about Canadians or Canada.
- Canada is no longer considered a strong or big power for the United States, and the "special relationship" is supposedly gone.
- Lifestyle, healthcare, education, etc., is better in Canada than the United States.
- Canada is an "experimental nation"
- Canada is known for its education and many scholars and students study and research Canadian geography, law, and so forth.
- Canada and its people are viewed as a wonderful democratic country with wonderful people.
- Some negative views about Canada still exist.
- For a long time, Canada was believed to be a country without an influential political system or foreign policy.
- Believe that Canada should further engage in defending fundamental rights.
- Positive image.
- Is no longer seen as just exporters of wheat, but are seen as much more and as a more dynamic and diverse country.
- Canadian multiculturalism is praised.
- Engagement between India and Canada concerning several issues and topics haven't been very successful.
- Political differences starting to bring the two countries together rather than apart.
- Renewed interest.
- Hope for a greater political relationship.
- Seen as a big and important country.
- Multiculturalism and diversity appreciated and praised.
- Negative views on Canada exist.
- Not very important, topic of Canada often dismissed.
- Strong voice, motivational in a way.
- Young and postmodern country.
- Interesting and rich history.
- Influenced major historical events.
- "Gothic entity"
- Embracing and welcoming country, home for immigrants, multicultural and diverse.
- Canada is important in Venezuela and Latin America.
- Canada is seen a peace maker and has brought peace and other positive events to Venezuela as well as Latin America in general.
- Students are taught about the multiculturalism and diversity in Canada.
- A lot of immigration from Venezuela to Canada over the past 10 years.
- Canada is viewed positively as Canada has helped Northern Ireland in several ways, including economically.
- Canadians have helped them a lot and in different ways.
- Canada's profile around the world is slowly shrinking, and the word about Canada should be spread more.
- More Mexicans are becoming interested in issues related to Canada.
- Many of Canada's policies are setting an example in Mexico for the authority to follow.
- Strong international community and bond between Mexico and Canada.
- Interest in Canadian studies has declined.
- Canadians and Canada need to develop new strategies.
1) Canada's biggest strength is its diversity and multiculturalism, as it's praised and known by other countries for it, as well as health care. Its biggest weakness is reaching out across the world and making a bigger name and image of itself internationally, as evident in the article summary, and many countries not knowing much about Canada or hearing much about it.
2) Canada's most pressing issue or concern is a high amount of external debts, as it's over a billion dollars. This is the most pressing concern as it could lead to several other issues in the future that will majorly affect the country, the economy and the citizens.
3) Compared to others, Canadians should be proud of their country, since Canada is doing very well in several aspects, such as education, health care, immigration and diversity which is also praised by other countries. Also, many countries see Canada in a positive light, especially when compared to its neighbour, the United States. Canada is seen in a more positive light than negative, and has more allies than enemies, as its more liked than hated, which is definitely something to be proud about
4) In general, Canada is better off than many other countries. It's better off in health care for example, as it results in over 10% of the GDP, and it's better off when it comes to immigration and diversity, and bringing people from all over the world together, which is praised in the article. Also with a high life expectancy, that shows how Canada is better off than many other countries. The areas that Canada is not better off is poverty line and unemployment, with quite concerning numbers and rates. Also, Canada has not made very strong international affairs as evident in the article, whereas many other countries have done so and have made greater allies and that could benefit them majorly.