weekly school News
We would like to welcome everybody to the 2020-21 school year. We hope that you have had an enjoyable summer and are looking forward to returning. This has been a summer unlike any other as we have been preparing for the return of MIS students. We wanted to share some information with you in preparation for your return. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the office at (317)326-3121.
1. MIS COVID-19 Information
2. Registration Information - POWERSCHOOL (CLICK HERE)
- If you have not already done so, we would kindly ask you to go online and complete the registration whether you plan to return in person or virtually. To register your student(s), logon to the PowerSchool parent portal, access your parent account, and follow the prompts.
**Once registered, you should have access to your child's schedule.
3. 2020-21 Supply Lists: CLICK HERE: These lists have also been dropped off at Wal-Mart in Greenfield.
4. 2020-21 Textbook Fees
- Textbook Rental: We would like to remind you that book rental payment is due no later than the first day of school. If you are on deferred payment, then the due date will be September 13th this year. Traditionally, we have collected this during open house. Therefore, if you did not pay during online registration, please feel free to send with your child on the first day of school.
5. 2020-21 Open House/Meet the Teacher Nights
Unfortunately, these will not occur in the traditional sense this year. Our teachers have been working on greeting students/families virtually, and this information should reach your inbox by the end of the day on July 27th which would have been when our traditional in person visits would have started.
6. YMCA After School Care: Click here to register
7. Volunteer Forms (CLICK HERE)
- Once you are on the above page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
- At this time all current fall field trips are cancelled. However, if we can hold spring trips and you plan to attend one of these, we would encourage you to complete this as soon as possible. If you have not completed and passed this background check, you will not be able to participate in these events. It is at NO COST to you so if you even remotely believe you might like to help out, please do this now. There is nothing worse than telling you in May that you cannot go on a trip with your child because this process has not been completed. Again, please take care of this now.
8. Medical Information - Please check the link for the latest on immunization, medical plan information as well as updated COVID-19 information.
Medication Drop-Off - Medications may be brought into the school clinic from 8am-3pm on Tuesday, July 28th and Wednesday, July 29th, by a parent/guardian who is listed in PowerSchool as a contact for the student.
The person bringing in medication will be required to wear a cloth face covering while in the clinic and practice social distancing. We kindly ask that only the person bringing in medication and the student taking the medication, if so desired, come into the clinic during dropoff.
Medication must be accompanied by the appropriate form, and the form must be complete and accurate for the medication to be accepted. Medication forms can be found on the GCCSC website at GC Health Services.
Health assistants will not be present in school clinics until July 28th. Questions should be directed to the corporation nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. 2020-21 Corporation School Calendar
10. 2020-21 School Lunch Prices: (Lunch visitors will not be permitted until further notice)
Student Breakfast: $1.75
K-6 Lunch: $2.85
11. 2019-20 MIS Parent Event Calendar: This link will allow you to view our most up-to-date calendar. It will update as changes/additions are made throughout the year.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
Office: Mr. Whitaker & Mrs. Leliaert
4th Grade: Mr. Gilman, Mrs. Hall, Mrs. Herron & Mrs. Tilley
5th Grade: Mr. Berrier, Mr. Gilman & Mrs. Wayne
6th Grade: Mrs. Blasdel, Mr. Cooper, Mrs. Leiber, Mrs. Proper, Mrs. Sincroft & Miss Wiseman
Related Arts: Mrs. Basso, Mrs. Beuoy, Mrs. Fletcher, Mrs. Hacker, Mrs. Reynolds & Miss Stewart
July 30th: First Student Day of the 2020-21 School Year (BLUE DAY)
August 13th: PTO Meeting in the Library - 2:30pm
August 20th: Picture Day
September 7th: Labor Day - No School
September 10th: PTO Meeting in the Library - 2:30pm
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
Stay tuned for updates as we receive them throughout the year.