Reading Under the Stars
Duff PTA is hosting the Annual Reading Under The Stars remotely this year. So grab a blanket and sit in your yard and enjoy reading Nerdy Birdy! Each family will receive a goody bag with a copy of the book, popcorn and fun activities. Virtual learners will drive through the circle drive at Duff on Monday, March 8th from 8:30 - 11:00 or 1:00 - 3:00 to get your book and goody bag. Face-to-face learners will receive their book and bag of goodies at school on Tuesday, March 9th. Families can complete the google form in the goody bag for a chance to win one of the AMAZING READING BASKETS!
COVID Safety reminders
- Please complete the Wellness Survey each morning before bringing your child to school. https://www.aisd.net/duff-elementary/
- If your child is quarantined due to an extracurricular activity please call the school (682.867.2000) and let us know your student will be virtual for the quarantine time.
- Please complete the wellness survey each day before your child arrives at school. https://www.aisd.net/duff-elementary/
- If you arrive to drop your student off in the circle drive or back parking lot and the doors are closed, students will need to enter the front door and have the temperature taken when they enter.
- Have your child ready to exit the car quickly with their backpack, water bottle, and mask each morning.
- Virtual Learners: Attending daily Zooms and completing required work is the best way to experience the online learning environment and is crucial to make adequate progress. In order to be counted present, you must attend Zoom(s) and/or complete all daily work.
- Face-to-Face Learners: We have been thankful to have 300+ face-to-face learners each day. When students need to miss school due to illness, quarantine, or appointments, they may choose to attend class via Zoom and/or complete required work in Canvas/Seesaw and be counted present.
- Administration will reach out after 3 unexcused absences to discuss a plan to improve attendance. When a student has 5 unexcused absences, the truancy officer is notified.
- Parents will complete a Change for Instructional Setting Request form when students are required to be quarantined. (please see link below)
- We look forward to the day when we have 100% of our students as face-to-face learners where we can give them our very best and know they are well prepared.
- The student code of conduct book discusses the Texas Attendance Law in more detail. https://www.aisd.net/district/departments/administration/student-behavioral-support-systems/
The Week In Review
We LOVE this part of the weekly newsletter. If you are a virtual learner, we would love to add some photos of your learning as well. Please send photos to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your photos too!
Created with images by geralt - "coronavirus contact no" • smarko - "butterfly summer nature" • strengthinnumbers - "chihuahua dog st patrick's day" • geralt - "social media icon hand"