WHAT MAKES THE ALLIANCE UNIQUE?
As an economic development district we have the luxury of operating at the speed of business without the burden of government red tape, but as an alliance we get the benefit of working alongside our elected officials and local municipalities toward a common goal.
Our stakeholders - made up of municipal, parish, and state governing authorities, as well as the business community and Vermilion Parish citizens - contribute to the overall success of our strategic economic development efforts.
It is critically important that we as a community understand the role of economic development and how it can help us realize our goals. Vermilion Economic Development Alliance aims to articulate those roles and create programming and initiatives that support their achievement.
What are we doing to assist?
- JOBS for the employed, programs for those out of work, and connections between employers and local jobseekers.
- OPTIONS for graduates who choose to stay, because with one of the best public education systems in the state, they can have a bright future here.
- OUR IDENTITY. With a plan for development that takes our culture and tradition into account, we can maintain what makes us special.
- A VISION based on our ideals to help us set goals to accomplish without compromising what we agree we want.
- AWARENESS of our communities and businesses through an active web presence, news media coverage, presentations, and word of mouth.
- OPPORTUNITIES for businesses that want to tap into new customers and expand their market share, learn new tactics, and make meaningful connections.
- REVENUES by matching businesses with custom programs, incentives, and services that can increase cash flow and reduce costs.
- PARTNERSHIPS between our parish government, small towns, and rural areas to solve problems creatively.
- BIG IDEAS from inventors, entrepreneurs, investors, and land owners who envision a better future for our parish.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT efforts that civic groups, charitable organizations, and residents can take part in.
- A SENSE OF PLACE so that factors that improve our quality of life - public safety, health, recreation, and the environment - don't get overlooked.