spin it with a cotton core
to look like fur, we needed to create a novelty yarn. though we are planning on using linen in long term production, we used cotton as the core and binding yarn for this sample. and, of course, milkweed coma was used as the effect. with the help of professional spinner anna upston, we got it spun!
find ways to improve
we wanted to see if we could improve the strength and spinability of the milkweed coma. professor deborah berhanu found us a formula used in the milkweed industry in 1700s quebec, so we modernized it and tested it, with the help of professor gwen sanchirico.
the process seemed to better the fibers, but we're still experimenting!