weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, dance, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. Spring Break: We are hopeful that everyone has a safe and relaxing spring break. We look forward to seeing everybody back on Monday, April 1st.
2. 2019 ILEARN Schedule: Please know that EACH CHILD WILL NEED EARBUDS OR HEADPHONES for this assessment. We would kindly ask that your child bring what he/she uses on a daily basis to school on these dates for the purpose of testing.
As mentioned over the past two weeks, we are required to have every student participate in both the practice test as well as the "real" assessment. Below you will find the schedule for these two events. The practice test will be taken during the class identified. In other words, your child will take the math practice test with his/her math teacher during normal class time and ELA or Sci/SS with those teachers.
The "real" test will begin at 8:10am each morning and will be taken in your child's homeroom classroom unless otherwise specified.
3. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Grace B., Masan M., Jaelee H., Zach W., Madison C., Journie S., Jacob O., and Kolbie A.
Our grand prize winner for the 3rd nine weeks was Kolbie W. She selected the wireless speaker. Congratulations, Kolbie!
4. Greenfield-Central Junior High Opportunities for Next Year's 7th Graders
6th Grade Parents (RE: BAND),
This week, your child had the opportunity to hear a presentation regarding GCJHS Band. We will begin course selection for band shortly after we return from spring break. We'd love to have your child in our program!
Please check out this VERY informative website regarding beginning band. Some of the videos are great for you and your child to watch together.
Joining band is an important decision for you and your child to consider and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Mr. Basso and Mr. Poncar: email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Please find attached the most recent flyers for Greenfield-Central HS summer athletic camps:
6. Camp Invention: "Parents of Incoming Kindergarten - current 5th grade students, don't miss out on the early registration discount. With code INNOVATE25 you can save $25 dollars off of the base price. *NEW* this year, you can select the payment plan option WITH the discount code. When checking out on your online registration, Select Payment Plan (You can pay the order total in Full or over 3 Even Payments. If you select 3 Even Payments, you will pay one-third of your balance now, with the remaining amount divided into two equal payments and auto-deducted at 30 and 60 days from the date of registering.) Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity at a discounted rate!"
The 2019 camp will be July 15-19th at J.B. Stephens Elementary from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost per child is $230. The camp is for children entering grade K-6. If you have questions or need more information, please contact Ms. Amanda Bradford at email@example.com.
7. Robotics 2019-2020 Team Information: Do you like building things with your hands? Have you ever wanted to code or program a robot to accomplish a task? Do you like being on a competitive team who solves challenging problems? If you answered yes to these questions then you are a perfect candidate for the 2019-2020 Maxwell Robotics Team. Please join our Robotics Google Classroom (Code: 72c5bx) and complete the Interest Survey with your parents by April 5.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Chance, Mr. Cooper, or Mr. Fleming sometime next week.
8. Grandparents' Luncheon: RSVP's due TODAY (Click on the appropriate grade level below to RSVP)
4th Grade: April 10th - 12:10PM - 12:50PM
5th Grade: April 9th - 11:55AM - 12:35PM
6th Grade: April 11th - 11:55AM - 12:35PM
9. Greenfield-Central Junior High Athletics: An important date to keep in mind for all GCJHS students/parents and current 6th graders as well: If you plan to participate in extra-curricular activities at GCJHS you must get your sports physical on/after April 1, 2019 to be valid for the 2019-20 school year.
10. GC Kindergarten Round-Up: Please share with your neighbors and friends who may have Kindergarten-Aged Children
11. Library News: Did you know we have eBooks available for MIS students? We received them through the Greenfield-Central School Foundation and want to spread the word. Below is a tutorial you can watch on how to gain access. The eBooks can be read on iPads or Chromebooks. Students can download the books for offline access as well. Should you have questions regarding this, please contact Ms. Lucy Gellert, GC Director of Library Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
13. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"I am thankful for the assistance Mrs. Warner provides my daughter. She is kind, caring, and understanding. She has helped make our transition to Greenfield Schools a positive one."
"My daughter is insecure about math. Thank you, Mr. Cooper, for taking extra time to explain things to her on Friday when we came to get her missed work."
14. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
15. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.email@example.com
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
March 18th-29th: Spring Break
April 1st: School Resumes
April 1st-12th: ILEARN Required Practice Test Window
April 9th: 5th Grade Grandparents' Luncheon
April 10th: 4th Grade Grandparents' Luncheon
April 11th: 6th Grade Grandparents' Luncheon
April 22nd - May 17th: ILEARN Testing Window
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY