Welcome Grace Dobson and her family to Upper Moutere. Grace joins Ramaroa iti from Tahunanui School.
Last Friday our hall was packed with family to see their children and grandchildren share their musical talents. We had pieces performed on the piano, keyboard, guitar, drums, ukulele, flute and vocals. We had items by both the Senior and Junior Bands and two other recently formed groups. Thank you Odie and Cushla for providing the opportunity for our children to perform. There was pride oozing from the hall.
- 24 Aug; Otto Richards… I value Otto’s take on leadership…I appreciate his reliability, his thorough approach to ensure tasks are completed to the best of his ability and I especially enjoy his sense of humour while doing it!
- 17 Aug; Isla for her stunning manner when coming into the office…WOW!!! You impressed Saree and me.
- 17 Aug; Leam Stanley Brito this guy has a fresh positivity to his learning, which is so great to observe…GO LEAM!
PUPIL OF THE WEEK
- Hope: Hope you are an all round super star learner in Ramaroa iti. You can find words you need on the word card so your writing has taken flight this week. You have taken your time in learning to draw a bird and you can be proud of your results. Well done!
- Soren: What a brilliant start to school you have had (after all the sickness). You take initiative to find out when you are unsure, you ask. You are eager to learn and take pride in your work presentation. Ka pai Soren.
- Amanda; For going above and beyond in her learning- always looking out for others and being completely humble.
- Phoebe C and William: For your superstar effort during Hockey practice with Julieanne. You two have shown an amazing attitude and have given it 100% each session. It’s great to see you both so eager to give something new a try.
- Ruby J: For your positive attitude and huge amount of effort you put towards each learning task. You take control of your own learning, understand your goals and strive to achieve these. We are super impressed Ruby.
- Rose: You have such lovely manners Rose. Each morning you come into Turama, greet us with a big smile and ask how we are. You will often end the week on wishing us a great weekend too. It’s so lovely and mature of you.
- Riley – For the responsible way you quickly get organised with a task. We love your positive attitude and high standards in your learning. Well done!
- Leam you’ve astounded me with your reading! You are taking more time and care to use your decoding strategies when you need to solve a tricky word. It’s so great to hear the enthusiasm in your voice as you read. Keep going!
- Monique: For the wealth of knowledge and amazing vocabulary you share during our Reading group discussions. You are such a mature, reliable and focused learner.
- Robert: Thank you for your amazing Maths brain! You are the second teacher and ‘go to’ student for Math challenges. We love the attitude you bring to each Maths day. Keep it up Robert!
- Saffron: For your super progress in reading comprehension. You’re using a range of strategies to make deeper meaning and finding evidence in the text to support your answers. Ka pai tō pānui Saffron.
- Max: The way you approach problems in Maths is well beyond your years. You explore complex concepts with a zest for learning.
- Jade: For your all-round amazingness! You approach all learning with a smile and a positive mindset, and we love teaching you!
Dates for your Diary
- 6 Sept Ladies Night Market
- 10 Sept Swim Magic Sessions Begin
- 11 Sept Speech Competition
- 12 Sept BOT Meeting
- 25 Sept Student Led Conferences
- 28 Sept End Term 3
- 15 Oct Term 4 begins
- 3 Nov Retro Fair
- 11 Nov Athletics Day
- 11 & 12 Dec School Production
Entries are now open for the NBS Richmond Summer Touch module, both Senior and Children’s for the 2018/19 season. Please register with the following link or come along to our rego day, Saturday September 15th @ the clubrooms, Jubilee Park, Richmond. http://www.sporty.co.nz/richmondtouch
Bouncing balls to support learning is called Bal A Vis X. Bal A Vis X Bal A Vis X is a series of Balance / Auditory / Vision/ eXercises, of varied complexity, which are deeply rooted in rhythm. These exercises require full body coordination and focused attention. The Bal A Vis X trainers are coming out from Singapore to Upper Moutere to present a 3-day training. The training is 12 – 14 October Friday, Saturday Sunday – the last 3 days of the holidays. The cost is $450. For any enquires please contact Alexandra Partington email@example.com or 03 5432 335
The Nelson Half is back. Based at Saxton Field on 4th November, the running and walking events over 2.5km, 5km, 10km and 21.1km cater for all levels of ability. Each entrant can nominate a school in the region which will receive up to 50% of their entry fee back and the further you run, the more your nominated school could benefit. www.thenelsonhalf.co.nz For more information, check out our website or flick me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org......see you there!