As part of the European Solidarity Corps, voluntarily;
- You will make a volunteer contribution and help communities in need.
- This is a learning experience that will accelerate your personal and professional growth. You will also have the chance to improve your language and intercultural skills, learn to live on your own, overcome difficulties and work in a team.
- Living and exploring another Country, learning about other cultures or making new friends will be an inevitable part of your volunteering experience.
- With your volunteering experience, you will have the opportunity to bring new ideas and a multicultural spirit to the organizations and local communities you volunteer for.
- By participating in the European Solidarity Corps, you will be part of a community.
- At the end of a project you participate in as a volunteer, you will receive a certificate for your participation.
The main objectives of this project are as follows;
- Organizing social and entrepreneurship-oriented activities together with the students of our university and students from Europe within the scope of the European Solidarity Project,
- Revealing new entrepreneurship ideas,
- To ensure the participation of volunteers in technology competitions in Turkey and around the world, together with the students of our university.
- To provide cultural exchange between European and Turkish youth,
- Volunteers and university students to develop sustainable cooperation platforms through joint activities,
- To carry out activities that will lead to the development of the «Sports is Solidarity" principle with the sports activities they will do together in our facilities,
- Activities such as the promotion of our university abroad and in our city will be carried out, activities will be shaped in line with these content objectives.
- Young people between the ages of 18-30,
- Young people with limited opportunities culturally, geographically and economically,
- Active participation of women in accordance with the principle of positive discrimination,
- Young people with knowledge and experience about the entrepreneurship ecosystem,
- Having an English language level that can communicate effectively and practically,
- High motivation for volunteering,
- Experienced in social entrepreneurship and technology entrepreneurship,
VARIOUS PROJECT ACTIVITIES;
- Preparation Meeting: As part of the Preparation Meeting, we will meet at KALITTO office every Monday morning, determine the activities of that week and exchange ideas about the general course of the activities.
- Turkish Language Class: In the Turkish Language Class activity, we will organize presentations, studies and exercises in order to learn Turkish at least at the beginner level, starting from the basics for 1-2 hours in the morning, 2 days a week.
- Blogging Activities: In the Blogging activities, as a result of the guidance made as agreed with your mentor and supervisor at the Preparation meetings, you will conduct research on the blog topic you have chosen that week, make active observations and studies in the field, or spare time for blogging at the office or at home.
- Yoga Class for Refugees/ASAM: During this activity, you will attend yoga classes with refugees and various beneficiaries, work with them and teach them. In the future, you will meet with your mentor and supervisor and be included in the studies to be carried out within this NGO, in case of new activities and volunteering activities.
- Golf Course: You will receive golf training from an expert trainer for an average of one hour every course day, 2 days a week, play golf, practice and spend a fun activity time.
- Swimming Course: During the time you will spend in the swimming pool, you will have the option to swim as you wish in the Olympic-standard swimming pool. Apart from this, you will help and contribute to the young people and children who receive training in swimming courses in the pool, as well as to the swimming instructors who provide training. You will be expected to support the activities in which you are asked to help. Remember, you will not be expected to teach swimming directly. your main focus is to assist you in line with the directions given to you by the instructors there.
- Social Media Concept Works: You will make various social media concepts and designs for KALITTO, Kalyon Garage and Hasan Kalyoncu University within the framework of the activities you have decided with your supervisor and mentor, and you will present them to us by creating templates.
- Booklet Creating Work: Within the framework of the activities you have decided with your supervisor and mentor, you will prepare various explanatory and informative technical booklets for KALITTO, Kalyon Garage and Hasan Kalyoncu University, make the concepts and designs you have created on this subject, and present them to us by creating templates.
- Conversation Club: In the Conversation Club activity, you will spend time with youngsters who continue their activities locally in the field of business or student, gather to get to know each other, making speaking practice, play some games from time to time and exchange ideas about many fields mutually.
- Evaluation Meeting: As part of the evaluation meetings, a meeting will usually be held with your mentor (including your supervisor if necessary) where you will share the general status of volunteering activities and your complaints, problems, suggestions and ideas.
Within the scope of the activities in the project, it is aimed to provide new opportunities and cooperation in this field by directing the students involved in the mobility to conduct technological studies in the field of R&D and entrepreneurship within Teknofest, sharing knowledge, ideas and experience among the students involved in the mobility, and realizing joint project work about our topics.
Each volunteer participating in the project activities will obtain a Youthpass certificate after the mobility.
Youthpass certificate is the certificate that you received after the project that took place within the scope of the European Union Erasmus + programs you participated in, and is one of the outputs of your personal learning.
Youthpass allows the participant to self-evaluate their knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies in the project they participate in. Allowing the participant to self-evaluate makes youthpass privileged.
MENTORSHIP & STAFF;
Within the scope of the execution and planning of ESC projects, 3 people were determined by our institution. These are;
Our institution has a Mentor team consisting of Former EVS / ESC volunteers. All volunteers and mentors will meet and hold meetings at least once a week, and the main task of the mentors is to intervene in the problems at the first time and to forward the volunteer problems that they cannot solve to the Supervisor immediately.
Supervisor of the project; responsible for tasks such as logistics, volunteer selection, volunteers and partner organizations communication. After the mentor, the volunteer will first contact the supervisor.
Together with the Supervisor, he/she is the legal representative responsible for the execution of the project. He/she is responsible for the financial planning and official correspondence of the project.
All volunteers are entitled to travel compensation according to the project budget limits, as much as the amounts calculated according to the mileage calculation.
Trip planning is done together with the volunteer and the supervisor. Payments of the volunteers will be made following the delivery of their boarding pass and invoices to us. Picking up the volunteers from the airport and leaving them to the airport at the end of the project will be organized by the project coordination team.
Project travel limits are listed in the table below.
*Calculated according to Distance Calculator
According to Erasmus+ programme guide, volunteers will received 4 Euro per day as a pocket Money.
The transportation of the volunteers between the home and the university will be covered by the institutional services of the university, and KentKart (CityCard) will be given to the volunteers for local transportation.
The stationery materials, educational materials and printing products required for the activities planned in the project will be covered by our institution from the project budget.
Volunteers; enter Turkey or to return to their home countries if they need to PCR testing, testing fees by PCR testing will be done by our organization. But; volunteers must obtain approval from the project coordinator before testing in their own country. Fees for tests made without approval will not be covered.