Byron Bay High School delivers a collaborative learning environment where students achieve excellence through our connection with community and land, creating holistic leaders of the future.
A message from the Principal
I am so proud to be the Principal of such an amazing school. Our dedicated and passionate teachers and support staff ensure every student is known and cared for throughout their High School journey. Learning is challenging and students will be inspired to think creatively and problem solve aspects inside and outside of the classroom.
To ensure your child receives the best educational outcomes from their time at Byron Bay High School please don't hesitate to contact the school and let us know how we can further support you as our students grow into responsible young adults of our community.
Take some time to read and view this page of information as it will help set you up for a confident start at Byron Bay High School.
Ms Janine Marcus
We are so lucky here at Byron Bay High School to be provided with such healthy delicious food in our Canteen.
Click this link to our Canteen Menu
How will we communicate with you?
We use a variety of platforms to communicate with our families. We have compiled a guide below so you know what to keep an eye on.
- Email ! When we need to contact you with important information it will be via email. Please ensure you check this daily and that we are a 'safe sender' in your email browser so we don't end up in your 'junk box' :)
- Website - for upcoming events, the school calendar, newsletters, assessment publications and endless other daily procedures. Take a look, you'll be surprised how much information is online.
- Facebook - a little bit of fun and some important bits and pieces too! Like us today.
- Byron Breeze - for what's on at school in the coming week.
- Newsletter - a celebration of school life and achievements over the previous three weeks. Our newsletter link is emailed in weeks 3, 6 and 9 each term.
Keep us in the loop!!
Have you changed your email, address or phone number? Has your family situation changed? Are your emergency contacts still current? Remember to keep us in the loop if any of your family details change!
In the event of illness or an emergency with your children at school it’s vital we have up to date details and emergency contacts so that we can reach you quickly. You can notify us easily in writing of all changes by filling in our Change of details form on the Links and Downloads page on our website.
Latest COVID19 Department update
Ongoing safety measures remain in place to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission in schools. The department continues to work closely with NSW Health and follows their advice to ensure schools operate in a COVID-safe way. The safety and wellbeing of students and staff remains our priority.
Unfortunately parents and carers are not being permitted on-site at school, with the exception of those supporting education programs and parents who have prearranged appointments.
Any visitors entering our school site, including parents who enter school grounds to go to the front office on important business must scan the QR code with their mobile phone and complete the Department of Education’s ‘External Visitors to School Site’ form each time they enter the school grounds.
Please maintain social distancing when dropping off and picking up students. Enhanced hygiene practices and additional cleaning at school will continue.
As with all important information we will continue to keep families informed of any changes via email. The latest advice from the Department can be found at the following link: https://education.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with these NSW Government guidelines and look forward to the time when our school is open to all members of the community including our wonderful families.
Student lockers are available to hire for $10 per year, depending on availability. Please email the school at email@example.com to add your child's name to the Locker waiting list.
6 things you need to know about payments
- Excursion permission notes MUST be signed by student, parent and Deputy Principal and be accompanied by payment or receipt of payment.
- We must receive the above no later than 2 pm the day prior to the event or excursion to allow for staffing, medical information and rolls to be prepared.
- The permission note must be accompanied by payment or receipt number of payment online. Payment alone does NOT guarantee a place.
- Parents can pay online via our website by clicking on Make a Payment at the top of the homepage. You only need to fill in the fields with an *Asterix. Always include the receipt number on your child’s excursion permission note.
- Students can pay with cash, cheque or card at the front office. Due to COVID19 there is NO onsite access to parents and carers unless you have a prior appointment.
- Some sports and excursions fill up fast! Early payment together with the permission slip secures your child’s place. Early action will help avoid disappointment.
Wednesday sport runs for the duration of the term and is a compulsory part of the Byron Bay High School curriculum. There will be plenty of support on hand as students navigate this new process.
The main thing to remember is when sport notes are handed out on the first day of school to return the note together with your payment as soon as you can! Popular sports fill up quickly so getting in quick can avoid disappointment. Payment details are outlined on the note.
There are loads of great sports to choose from so pick something you enjoy or try something new - but get in quick!
Sport finishes at 3:10 pm in time for students to catch their usual buses home.
Any issues that may arise almost always have a solution! Students simply need to come and see the PE office at Recess on Wednesdays if there is a problem, ie. forgot sports gear, don’t know where to go, etc.
If you miss the bus to sport see Mrs Caoyonan out at the bus bay, or simply go straight to Room 4 at the end of lunch.
Room 4 is a non-sport room for students who are sick/injured with parental notes and students who may have missed their bus etc.
Created with images by Riveen Manathunge - "the sea calling" • Jeremy Yap - "untitled image" • JESHOOTS-com - "iphone smartphone apps" • Unknown - "Black Payment Terminal · Free Stock Photo" • sweetlouise - "skateboard feet shoes" • laterjay - "stop school school bus" • Erbs55 - "desk writing implements writing articles" • markusspiske - "home office laptop notebook" • Basti93 - "time calendar saturday" • Jamie Davies - "untitled image"