Mark Your Calendar!
Monday, Nov. 7th - Day 3
- 150 Building: Pet Supply Drive for Philadoptables Begins (Sponsored by 2nd Grade Classes)
Tuesday, Nov. 8th - Day 4
- School Picture Re-Take Day
- Scholastic Book Fair Family Night 5:00pm - 7:30pm @ 500 Library
Wednesday, Nov. 9th - Day 5
- 6th Grade Field Trip: Landis Valley Farms (Reed, Nemic, and D'Annunzio)
- Grades 9-12: NHS Autumn Treat Sale
Thursday, Nov. 10th - Day 6
- Board of Trustees Public Work Session 6:00pm @ 435 Conference Room
Friday, Nov. 11th - Day 1
- Grades 7-12 Only: Cougar Pride Day - Wear Your Cougar Gear with Uniform Bottoms or Jeans
- Grades K-5: Scholastic Book Fair Ends
- Academic Team Meet @ Kennett HS 9:30am
- NHS Sponsored Red Cross Blood Drive 12:00pm - 5:00pm @ 535 Library
- Tri-M Field Trip - Annual Stocking Stuffing 5:00pm - 8:00pm
150 Building Red Ribbon Week
At the end of October, students and parents/guardians in our 150 Building celebrated the Red Ribbon Campaign, sponsored by National Family Partnership, and returned signed family pledges to help children grow up safe, healthy, and drug-free.
2017-2018 Sibling Enrollment
Our 2017-2018 Sibling Enrollment process begins Monday, November 7th. The link to access the online Sibling Enrollment Form will be posted on the Sibling Enrollment page of our website by 9:00am.
The Sibling Enrollment deadline is Monday, November 21st at 12 noon. Sibling Enrollment requirements are listed below. Exceptions to the requirements below will not be considered.
1. All students must reside in Pennsylvania.
2. Siblings of currently enrolled Collegium students include: siblings by birth, stepsiblings, adopted siblings, and foster siblings. Also included are wards subject to legal guardianship or other children related by blood or marriage living with the currently enrolled CCS student’s family in a regular parent-child relationship and who are dependent upon the current student’s parent(s) for support. A court order or a completed and notarized guardianship form is required to document guardianship status.
3. Kindergarten students must be five (5) years of age by August 31st of their kindergarten year.
4. First grade students must be six (6) years of age by August 31st of their 1st grade year and must have successfully completed an accredited kindergarten program.
Learn more about the 2017-2018 Sibling Enrollment process by accessing the video below.
School Picture Re-Take Day
Picture Re-Take Day is scheduled for Tuesday, November 8th. Students who were absent on their original picture day will have their photos taken on Re-Take Day and students who are unhappy with their original photos may have their photos retaken.
For retakes, return the picture packet to the photographer on the retake day. No payment is required for retakes. For a student who was absent, please provide an order envelope and payment if photos are being ordered. The order form link is provided below.
School pictures and proofs for seniors were distributed in mid-October. If you ordered photos of your child and did not receive them, please first check with your child to see if the photos are in a backpack, a cubby, or locker. If the photos are still missing or there are problems with your picture packet, please do not call Collegium. Call the photography company, Tipping School Pictures, at 610-359-8846.
Class photos are a composite photo and are not distributed until February, after all make-up pictures have been taken and distributed.
Arrival and Dismissal Reminder
During arrival and dismissal, always have your building-specific vehicle placard(s) displayed while on campus. Displaying your placards help our faculty/staff to appropriately direct the flow of traffic and minimize congestion. Forgot your placard(s)? Be prepared to present photo ID to CCS staff.
CCS Science Fair
Do you love doing experiments to figure out the answer to a scientific question? If so, the CCS Science Fair is for you!
Our 1st-12th Grade Science Fair will be Wednesday, January 18th and our Kindergarten Science Fair will be Wednesday, February 1st. See the CCS Science Fair website for more information and sign up using our online Registration Form. Parents/guardians, you can even sign up to help with judging!
Questions? Email Mrs. Tobin (1st-12th Grade) or Ms. Yanoviak (Kindergarten).
2017 National Merit Scholarship Program
Principal of our 535 Building, Dr. Pat O'Brien, proudly announces CCS 12th grade student, Alyssa Greenstein, was recently honored as a Commended Student in the 2017 National Merit Scholarship Program.
Alyssa placed among the top five percent of more than 1.6 million students who entered the 2017 competition by taking the 2015 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test.
"The young men and women being named Commended Students have demonstrated outstanding potential for academic success," commented a spokesperson for the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. "These students represent a valuable national resource; recognizing their accomplishments, as well as the key role their schools play in their academic development, is vital to the advancement of educational excellence in our nation. We hope that this recognition will broaden their educational opportunities and encourage them as they continue their pursuit of academic success."
Grades K-6th Character Development Program: Fairness, Responsibility, Respect, Citizenship, Trustworthiness, and Caring.
Here at Collegium, students are recognized by staff for their good character and their names and photos are added to the Good Character Walls. We have new additions to our Good Character Walls:
- Addison Hadley
- Joseph Durham
- Madelynn Norris
- Carter Bean
- Aadhav Jawahar
- Gianna Jackson
- Clarissa Moorhead
- Sebastian Chin
- Avery Kenworthy
- Emma Kenworthy
- Nayda Bookman
- Vianca Otero
- Asiah Watson
- Izayah Eucker
- Michael Lent
- Jawad Madanat
- Isabella Ortiz
- Madeline Yeingst
- Kylie Borden
- Juelz Sweeney
- Alexander Bochnowicz
Reminder: 500 Building Career Day
On Friday, November 18th, Collegium will host a Career Day for our 4th-6th grade students. We are looking for parents/guardians and community members to give career presentations from 9:00-11:00am. Volunteers will make three or four 20-minute presentations sharing their careers and answering questions.
Our main objective is to provide each of our students with a glimpse into a number of careers. Questions or interested in participating? Email Mrs. Hirst! Please respond no later than Friday, November 11th. Your support and encouragement for our students is greatly appreciated!