What it's used for
- Architectural visualization
- Automotive and product design
- Industrial design
- Game cinematics
- Visual effects in film and television
- Virtual reality
Quality renders with a high level of efficiency.
V-Ray for 3ds Max provides extraordinary photorealistic renders quickly and easily. With just two sliders users have complete control over the quality or speed of their renders.
Streamlined pipeline across different platforms.
Most studios already have a V-Ray integrated pipeline. With the wide range platforms that V-Ray supports, it’s easy to merge assets or exchange projects for material coordination and consistency across platforms. For example, users can share materials or render geometry from V-Ray for Rhino to V-Ray for 3ds Max, or vice-versa. With the V-Ray scene manager it is possible to share a whole scene between V-Ray for 3ds Max or Nuke.
Interface with other V-Ray products
- V-Ray for 3ds Max can further enhance the Rhino or SketchUp workflow with the addition of V-Ray for Rhino or SketchUp
- Fluid, fire and smoke simulations can be added with Phoenix FD for 3ds Max
- More lighting and shading options can be added during the compositing stage by using V-Ray for Nuke
- Professional image sequencing can be added with PdPlayer
- V-Ray for 3ds Max supports VRscans which allows for the most physically accurate materials to be used
- V-Ray supports numerous tools and provides optimized support for 3rd party plugins including NoZone, HairFarm and many more
Light Mixing - Explore lighting possibilities interactively in real-time. Use LightMix in the new V-Ray Frame Buffer to freely experiment with lighting changes after you render, save out permutations, and push back improvements you’d like to have in your scene
Layered Compositing- The new Layer compositor lets you fine-tune and finish your images directly in the new V-Ray Frame Buffer — without the need for a separate post-processing app.
Material Manager- Efficiently browse from a library of over 500 render-ready materials including metals, glass, wood and more.
Material Presets -Save time creating common materials with presets for aluminum, chrome, glass and more. Presets for most used hair colors have also been added.
Material Previews - New rendered material swatches show you exactly what your materials will look like.
Coat Layer - Add reflective coatings directly in the updated V-Ray Material, saving you both material creation and rendering time vs. using Blend material.
Sheen Layer - Create soft microfiber fabrics like velvet, satin and silk with the new Sheen options in the updated V-Ray Material.
Texture Randomization - Add variety to your scene with the new VRayUVWRandomizer map and enhanced VRayMultiSubTex controls.
Stochastic Texture Tiling - Automatically remove texture tiling artifacts with the new Stochastic tiling option on the VRayUVWRandomizer
Extended V-Ray Dirt - Weathered streaks and dirt in crevices are easy with the enhanced V-Ray Dirt, which now employs both ambient and inner occlusion.
New Sun and Sky Model- Reproduce the subtleties of twilight when the sun is below the horizon with the new Sun and Sky model.