The price will be around only $1300 dollars round trip, including air fare. We will spend the first four days living at the orphanage, and the last two days exploring and learning about the culture. We can have up to 15 student volunteers, and will need parent chaperones as well. We will be fundraising to help with expenses.
Tuesday June 20th: Charted bus transportation from San Diego (Del Mar Highlands) to Los Angeles Airport at 6pm.
Wednesday June 21st: Arrive morning in Guatemala City at 5 am. Orphanage owner picks us up from the airport in a bus. ½ hour drive. We will settle into the private transition house at the orphanage and spend the day with the kids. We will stay at the orphanage overnight.
Thursday June 22nd: Spend all day at the orphanage and stay there overnight.
Friday June 23rd: All day at orphanage and overnight.
Saturday June 24th: Spend morning and lunch with the children at the orphanage. A tour bus and English speaking guide will pick us up at 2 pm. Travel time depends on traffic (30-60min) to the beautiful romantic city of Antigua (Rated #5 most beautiful city in Central America). Spend afternoon exploring and eat dinner at a restaurant. Stay at Hotel Posada Don Rodrigo in Antigua.
Sunday June 25th: Early Breakfast at Hotel and leave Antigua 7:30 am, arrive at Panajachel, a beautiful mayan town on Lake Atitlan. (2 1/2 travel time). We will spend the afternoon taking a Zip-line tour over the lake, volcanoes, and waterfalls at the Ecological and Natural Reserve Atitlan. Dinner and overnight stay at Lake Atitlan Hotel Posada Don Rodrigo in triple, lake view rooms (and pool!).
Monday June 26th: Wake up and have breakfast then off to private boat trip to the different mayan villages surrounding the lake. Explore the mayan culture there, eat amazing traditional food and swim.Check out of hotel and leave Lake Atitlan at 4pm. Arrive in Antigua at 6:30pm. Final dinner in Antigua. Stay at the Hotel Posada Don Rodrigo Antigua.
Tuesday June 27th: Transportation from Antigua to Guatemala La Aurora Airport. Arrive in LAX around noon and take bus to San Diego.
- 3 nights at Hogar Miguel Magoner orphanage transition house
- 2 nights at Posada Don Rodrigo, Antigua
- 1 night at Posada Don Rodrigo, Panajachel (Lake Atitlan)
- A Spanish and English speaking male tour guide, private tour bus, and driver
- 3+ parent chaperones and WorkPlayLove organization chaperone, Kim Melia
- A Cook preparing 10-11 traditional meals at the orphanage.
- Group breakfast and cultural dinners in restaurants during excursion/hotel stays
- All transportation to and from San Diego to LAX and throughout Guatemala
- Guided Cultural and Ecological tours including Boat Trip and Zip-lining over the lake, volcanoes, and waterfalls
- 3 independent lunches during excursion days
- The week of June 20-27th
- Our group will be working with the girls and boys Ages 5-11
- No shots or immunizations needed
- Security at orphanage: Fenced and barbed wires and police cameras at orphanage
The trip is open to all CCA students and parents (as chaperones). For more information and to RSVP, email email@example.com or call Estee Gubbay at 858-381-7713.