Aflac is an Fortune 500 insurance company that is dedicated to putting their customers first. They currently provide financial protection to over 50 million people all over the world.
When a policyholder or insured gets sick or hurt, Aflac pays cash benefits fairly, promptly and directly to the insured. Aflac voluntary insurance policies have given policyholders the opportunity to focus on recovery, not financial stress.
Alfac's biggest competitors include:
- American Fidelity
- Paul Revere
- Colonial Life
Why intern at Aflac?
Aflac stresses the value of their interns and rely on them to contribute fresh perspectives on projects that directly impact policies holders worldwide.
Some of the benefits include:
- Fully Furnished Corporate Housing
- An assigned mentor who will partner with various business leads to design meaningful projects
- Hands-on experience with multiple parts of our internal operations, marketing, sales, financial services, information technology, and/or other key functions through day-to-day interact
Founding of Aflac
The American Family Life Insurance Company was founded in 1955 by John, Paul and Bill Amos. In just one year they had over 6,400 policyholders and $388,000 in assets.
In 1964 the company changed its name to the American Family Life Assurance Company and didn't adopt the acronym "Aflac" until 1989.
The company values the spirit of innovation in order to better the service experience that their policyholders receive.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Aflac has supported the fight against childhood cancer for more than 20 years. A campaign they launched in 2013 called "Aflac Duck Prints" to help raise awareness and donations for the cause. Over the years Aflac has donated over $107 million towards research and treatment.
Aflac is considered one of "The Fortune 500 Social Media Stars". They have nearly 25,000 twitter followers and over 350,000 Facebook fans. Aflac utilizes their social media platform to for philanthropic endeavors rather than corporate news.
Financial Overview 2015
- Revenue : $25.3 Million
- Net Income: $2.8 Million
- Total Assets: $118.3 Billion
- The Aflac Duck didn't debut until 2000.
- Aflac's brand recognition is at 94%, making it one of the most well-known companies in the world.
- In 1914, Aflac began selling insurance in Japan.
Why are they so successful?
Aflac's success originated from the Cancer Care insurance policy that they came out with in 1958. The increase of cancer incidence and the high cost of treatment made the policies very popular.
Aflac also has lots of business in Japan, which has added to company's immense success.
- Customer and Employee Feedback