Why I Shamrock Hailey wiseman

During Philanthropy Round of Formal Recruitment, I watched videos from the sisters of Kappa Delta that showed me what their philanthropy was and why it was important that I was a part of it. I learned all about Prevent Child Abuse America (one of our national philanthropies) and about The Children's Council of Watauga County (our local philanthropy.) I slowly started to realize that these philanthropies have much more than what meets the eye.

Every year, Kappa Delta EE hosts a Shamrock Pancake Dinner in which we sell tickets for unlimited pancakes/toppings for just $5. The money raised goes to supporting Prevent Child Abuse America & Children's Council of Watauga County.

This is one of the largest philanthropy events that any club at Appalachian hosts, which is something I'm really proud of! 80% of the proceeds from Pancake are funneled back into our community and go straight to the Children's Council of Wa Co. The other 20% goes to Prevent Child Abuse America!

When thinking about this year's pancake dinner, I got to thinking.... why do I Shamrock??

Do I Shamrock because it's a requirement?

Of course not! I Shamrock because every child deserves to know what love feels like and none of them should ever be scared to go home.

Prevent Child Abuse America uses the money that we raise for:

  • Shaken Baby Syndrome Prevention
  • Sexual safety
  • Child sexual abuse prevention
  • Peer abuse/Bullying Prevention
  • Parenting classes
  • And so much more!!

I Shamrock because philanthropy is important to me & one of the main reasons I decided to go KD.

I Shamrock because these hands I have will never be used to harm, but only to help.

And YOU SHOULD SHAMROCK TOO!!! Buy a ticket from me (or any sister on campus) for $5 and help save lives while enjoying delicious pancakes!
Pancake Dinner is March 3, 2017 in Central Dining Hall! Make sure to find a Kappa Delta and get your ticket ASAP!
Created By
Hailey Wiseman
Appreciate

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.