CAN YOU PICK OUT THE THESIS SENTENCE?
- Smoking cigarettes can cause cancer.
- Smoking cigarettes can cause cancer, so the government should ban it altogether.
- In your own words, what is the thesis of Knoblauch's essay and what is the essay's purpose?
- Who is the article's audience?
- Going off the they say/I say structure, what is the "they say" Knoblauch responds to?
Get back into your assigned groups. Discuss what you've done and what you still need to do. Remember, you have to email me the day of your presentation a proper study guide that I can upload to canvas for the rest of the class. Try to come to a consensus as to what your essay's thesis is, its audience, its purpose, etc. Work as much as time allows.
- Start studying for your key terms and six-step quiz
- Start reading all essays (not just the one you're presenting) and taking notes
- Continue working on your project