Student coaches will be assigned to a middle school sports team. The student coach will assist an adult coach.
Expectations Student Coaches:
- Expected to attend all training days (once a week)
- Should be ready to lead sections of or whole practice sessions
- Be present at tournaments and festivals/jamboree days
Student officials are scheduled to officiate games at ASL. This could be during the week or on Saturdays.
Expectations Student Officials:
- Communicate well with our officials coordinator in order to know your assignments
- Always arrive 30 minutes in advance of scheduled games
- Communicate clearly to colleagues, coaches and athletes
There is always a member of the Athletics Department assigned to assist as needed at every game.
Student Athletic Trainers, assist the Athletic Trainer (AT) in her job to provide health care to athletes.
Student Athletic Trainers will learn to provide basic support for athletes.
Expectations of Student Athletic Trainers:
- Be present on your scheduled training days
- Attend tournaments and games as assigned
Student Sport Journalists, report on middle school home matches. With reports edited and published in the Eagle Eye newsletter.
Students need to sign up at least 2 days in advance of any game they wish to report on.
HS students and MS students will work together in pairs. Your mentor will be Akay Mustafa and he will organize your commitment for the season.
Expectations Student Sport Journalists:
- Be present at home matches as assigned
- Write a summary of 1 or 2 paragraphs and take pictures for the game/meet/match/tournament that is attended.
- Send the finished version for each game to Akay Mustafa - middle school athletic director (email@example.com)