Wyndham College - Faculty of Art, Photography and Design 2019
Outcomes Assessed: DM1, DM2, DM3, DM4, DM5 DM6, CH1, CH2, CH3 CH4
Task notification; Week 3 Term 3 2019
Submission due; Week 2 Term 4 2019
The purpose of this task is to introduce you the student to packaging concepts, processes and related design strategies, that may be encountered in the production of merchandising product, as part of a music industry promotional campaign
Investigate and subsequently produce an alternate packaging design concept for music CD distribution.
In the process of this investigation you will be assessed on;
- Evidence of research related to alternative CD packaging and design (approx 20 images)
- Evidence of investigation of font and colour combinations (style sheet)
- Preliminary and finished sketches of design concepts
- Artwork for packaging and promotion (as a submission requirement this will include front cover + back cover or equivalent (exterior / interior), disc artwork, insert booklet and promotional poster @ A3
- Where the design concept allows; the assembled packaging submission with included artwork.
Submit your working files in both PSD & JPEG format to your 'CD Packaging' folder inside your Visual Design folder.
Where the packaging concept is sufficiently complex as to render the inclusion of your graphics too difficult, submit;
- Your graphics as digital files (PSD + JPEG) as per above
- A mock up of your packaging concept (preferably using lightweight card or boxboard)