ODWC's annual budget for FY17 was $72.4 million, which was nearly $10 million more than the annual budget for FY16. This increase was in response to ODWC's new headquarters building that is currently under construction. However, ODWC's actual expenditures for FY17 were well within the budget.
Expenditures for fiscal year 2017 were $62.2 million.
- Fisheries Division expenditures were $11.66 million (18.74 percent of total budget).
- Wildlife Division expenditures were $13.84 million (22.26 percent of total budget).
- Law Enforcement Division expenditures were $12.21 million (19.63 percent of total budget).
- Administration Division expenditures were $7.1 million (11.41 percent of total budget).
- Information and Education Division expenditures were $3.73 million (6 percent of total budget).
- Capital expenditures were $13.64 million (21.93 percent of total budget).
OKLAHOMA IS AN OUTDOOR PLAYGROUND
Oklahoma is one of the most ecologically diverse states in the nation, with more than 760 species of wildlife found in the state, including:
More than 350 bird species.
More than 100 mammal species.
More than 170 fish species.
More than 1 million surface acres of water.
About 1,120 square miles of lakes and ponds.
About 11,600 miles of shoreline, greater than the lengths of the continental United States’ Pacific, Atlantic and Gulf coasts combined.
About 78,500 miles of rivers and streams.